Get Un-Friendly HTTP Error Messages?

+Bob+

Get Un-Friendly HTTP Error Messages?
MSIE8, Vista SP2

I'd like to see the NON-friendly HTTP error messages. However,
clicking off the "Show Friendly HTTP Error Messages" off has no
effect. I tried using the Reset feature, but it did not help.

Ideas?
Leonard Grey

Re: Get Un-Friendly HTTP Error Messages?
Are you /sure/ you want to do this? I mean, they're not called
'friendly' HTTP error messages for nothing. Here's an example of a
non-friendly error message:

"How about typing the URL /correctly/ next time, you putz."

(Try re-starting the browser after you remove the check mark. In any
case, clear TIF before you go hunting for error messages.)
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

+Bob+ wrote:
> MSIE8, Vista SP2
>
> I'd like to see the NON-friendly HTTP error messages. However,
> clicking off the "Show Friendly HTTP Error Messages" off has no
> effect. I tried using the Reset feature, but it did not help.
>
> Ideas?

+Bob+

Re: Get Un-Friendly HTTP Error Messages?
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:48:55 -0400, Leonard Grey
<l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Are you /sure/ you want to do this? I mean, they're not called
>'friendly' HTTP error messages for nothing. Here's an example of a
>non-friendly error message:
>
>"How about typing the URL /correctly/ next time, you putz."
>
>(Try re-starting the browser after you remove the check mark. In any
>case, clear TIF before you go hunting for error messages.)
>---

Yes, I'm sure :-) I do web development - the actual error code is
much more useful to me. I'd even prefer the raw stream from the
browser, but I can't usually get that anymore.

I did a full reset on the browser, exited, restarted. No change.

Anyone happen to know what regkey is supposed to be affected by this
option change? I could check that to see if it's toggling.

Thanks,

+Bob+

Re: Get Un-Friendly HTTP Error Messages?
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:48:55 -0400, Leonard Grey
<l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Are you /sure/ you want to do this? I mean, they're not called
>'friendly' HTTP error messages for nothing. Here's an example of a
>non-friendly error message:
>
>"How about typing the URL /correctly/ next time, you putz."
>
>(Try re-starting the browser after you remove the check mark. In any
>case, clear TIF before you go hunting for error messages.)
>---

Yes, I'm sure :-) I do web development - the actual error code is
much more useful to me. I'd even prefer the raw stream from the
browser, but I can't usually get that anymore.

I did a full reset on the browser, exited, restarted. No change.

Anyone happen to know what regkey is supposed to be affected by this
option change? I could check that to see if it's toggling.

Thanks,

+Bob+

Re: Get Un-Friendly HTTP Error Messages?
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:48:55 -0400, Leonard Grey
<l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Are you /sure/ you want to do this? I mean, they're not called
>'friendly' HTTP error messages for nothing. Here's an example of a
>non-friendly error message:
>
>"How about typing the URL /correctly/ next time, you putz."
>
>(Try re-starting the browser after you remove the check mark. In any
>case, clear TIF before you go hunting for error messages.)
>---

Yes, I'm sure :-) I do web development - the actual error code is
much more useful to me. I'd even prefer the raw stream from the
browser, but I can't usually get that anymore.

I did a full reset on the browser, exited, restarted. No change.

Anyone happen to know what regkey is supposed to be affected by this
option change? I could check that to see if it's toggling.

Thanks,

+Bob+

Re: Get Un-Friendly HTTP Error Messages?
On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 10:48:55 -0400, Leonard Grey
<l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote:

>Are you /sure/ you want to do this? I mean, they're not called
>'friendly' HTTP error messages for nothing. Here's an example of a
>non-friendly error message:
>
>"How about typing the URL /correctly/ next time, you putz."
>
>(Try re-starting the browser after you remove the check mark. In any
>case, clear TIF before you go hunting for error messages.)
>---

Yes, I'm sure :-) I do web development - the actual error code is
much more useful to me. I'd even prefer the raw stream from the
browser, but I can't usually get that anymore.

I did a full reset on the browser, exited, restarted. No change.

Anyone happen to know what regkey is supposed to be affected by this
option change? I could check that to see if it's toggling.

Thanks,

rob^_^

Re: Get Un-Friendly HTTP Error Messages?
Hi Bob,

Show Friendly Error Messages means use a standard error message from the
client if one is not available from the server.

Developers turn off custom errors on their server to view the full debug
stack.

Regards.