IE8 cannot display the webpage (but Firefox can)

bergiesplace

IE8 cannot display the webpage (but Firefox can)
Suddenly I can no longer access web pages with IE8 (running under XP). My
Firfeox browser works OK as does Outlook Express. I removed IE8 using Add or
Remove Programs, and downloaded a new copy of IE8. It still won't work
right. "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage."
Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 cannot display the webpage (but Firefox can)
Does Firefox load your Internet Explorer add-ons?

"You receive an error message: Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage”
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/956196
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

bergiesplace wrote:
> Suddenly I can no longer access web pages with IE8 (running under XP). My
> Firfeox browser works OK as does Outlook Express. I removed IE8 using Add or
> Remove Programs, and downloaded a new copy of IE8. It still won't work
> right. "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage."

Chilternphil

"bergiesplace" wrote:

> Suddenly I can no longer access web pages with IE8 (running under XP). My
> Firfeox browser works OK as does Outlook Express. I removed IE8 using Add or
> Remove Programs, and downloaded a new copy of IE8. It still won't work
> right. "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage."

I have a similar problem which started a few days ago. Using XP SP3. First
IE8 web page fine, but following a link and opening new tab takes for ever!
Sometimes F5 will (eventually) make it appear. Disabled all add-ons -no
difference. Remove and reinstall IE8 (from MS site) no difference. Start in
no add-ons mode - no difference. Downloaded Firefox and am becoming familiar
with it and is only way I can deliver this message.
Ineterstingly the Update for IE offering multiple browsers as required by EU
is installed but has never run, and it is not possible to uninstall it. Just
one more of lifes very frustrating mysteries.
Chilternphil

"bergiesplace" wrote:

> Suddenly I can no longer access web pages with IE8 (running under XP). My
> Firfeox browser works OK as does Outlook Express. I removed IE8 using Add or
> Remove Programs, and downloaded a new copy of IE8. It still won't work
> right. "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage."

I have a similar problem which started a few days ago. Using XP SP3. First
IE8 web page fine, but following a link and opening new tab takes for ever!
Sometimes F5 will (eventually) make it appear. Disabled all add-ons -no
difference. Remove and reinstall IE8 (from MS site) no difference. Start in
no add-ons mode - no difference. Downloaded Firefox and am becoming familiar
with it and is only way I can deliver this message.
Ineterstingly the Update for IE offering multiple browsers as required by EU
is installed but has never run, and it is not possible to uninstall it. Just
one more of lifes very frustrating mysteries.
Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 cannot display the webpage (but Firefox can)
You're welcome to start a new thread about /your/ problem. Please don't
hijack someone else's thread.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est