"This tab has been recovered" keeps poping up

JordanN

"This tab has been recovered" keeps poping up
Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate with latest patches applied. I keep getting
errors popping up saying "This tab has been recovered...." This occurs
even when IE does not appear to be running. The errors just appear on
my desktop even when nothing is running.

After checking further I see that I have about a dozen or more
iexplore.exe 32 bit versions still running in Task Manager. These must
be what is throwing the errors and the number of IEs still running
appears to be somewhat equal to the number of times I have opened IE and
closed it. I have not seen any errors when closing IE, however it
appears that it is not closing entirely.

Re: "This tab has been recovered" keeps poping up
Multiple instances of iexplore.exe run when using Internet Explorer 8 - The
Winhelponline Blog:
http://www.winhelponline.com/blog/mu...et-explorer-8/

Do you see the behavior in IE8 32-bit and IE8 64-bit?

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE8 32-bit and/or IE8 64-bit in No
Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...lorer-settings

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

JordanN wrote:
> Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate with latest patches applied. I keep getting
> errors popping up saying "This tab has been recovered...." This occurs
> even when IE does not appear to be running. The errors just appear on
> my desktop even when nothing is running.
>
> After checking further I see that I have about a dozen or more
> iexplore.exe 32 bit versions still running in Task Manager. These must
> be what is throwing the errors and the number of IEs still running
> appears to be somewhat equal to the number of times I have opened IE and
> closed it. I have not seen any errors when closing IE, however it
> appears that it is not closing entirely.

JordanN

Re: "This tab has been recovered" keeps poping up
It looks like resetting IE defaults fixed the issue, but I don't recall
changing anything.

Thanks.