IE cannot display web page

Jo-Anne

IE cannot display web page
I'm using WinXP and IE7 on one computer and WinXP and IE8 on another. Both
are fully updated--the OS and Flash and Java.

Neither computer has been able to display one website. It's for a light
fixture store; and when I phoned the store today, the people who work there
said they use WinXP and IE and the site displays just fine (although someone
else told them last week that the web page couldn't be displayed).

Any idea how I can get to this site? It's

http://lightoptions.net/

Thank you!

Jo-Anne

Bruce Hagen

Re: IE cannot display web page
It doesn't display for me, both on my Win7 machine with IE8 or my XP with
IE7. It's them, not you.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Jo-Anne" <Jo-AnneATnowhere.com> wrote in message
> [...]

Bruce Hagen

Re: IE cannot display web page
It doesn't display for me, both on my Win7 machine with IE8 or my XP with
IE7. It's them, not you.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]
Imperial Beach, CA

"Jo-Anne" <Jo-AnneATnowhere.com> wrote in message
> I'm using WinXP and IE7 on one computer and WinXP and IE8 on another.
> Both are fully updated--the OS and Flash and Java.
>
> Neither computer has been able to display one website. It's for a light
> fixture store; and when I phoned the store today, the people who work
> there said they use WinXP and IE and the site displays just fine
> (although someone else told them last week that the web page couldn't be
> displayed).
>
> Any idea how I can get to this site? It's

Jo-Anne

Re: IE cannot display web page
Thank you, Bruce! I will call them tomorrow and tell them. I wonder how
they're getting at their own website--or perhaps their catalog is separate
from the internet and they can't tell the difference?

Jo-Anne

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> It doesn't display for me, both on my Win7 machine with IE8 or my XP with
> IE7. It's them, not you.
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP [Mail]
> Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Jo-Anne" <Jo-AnneATnowhere.com> wrote in message
>> I'm using WinXP and IE7 on one computer and WinXP and IE8 on another.
>> Both are fully updated--the OS and Flash and Java.
>>
>> Neither computer has been able to display one website. It's for a light
>> fixture store; and when I phoned the store today, the people who work
>> there said they use WinXP and IE and the site displays just fine
>> (although someone else told them last week that the web page couldn't be
>> displayed).
>>
>> Any idea how I can get to this site? It's
>>
>> http://lightoptions.net/
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Jo-Anne

Jo-Anne

Re: IE cannot display web page
Thank you, Bruce! I will call them tomorrow and tell them. I wonder how
they're getting at their own website--or perhaps their catalog is separate
from the internet and they can't tell the difference?

Jo-Anne

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> It doesn't display for me, both on my Win7 machine with IE8 or my XP with
> IE7. It's them, not you.
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP [Mail]
> Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Jo-Anne" <Jo-AnneATnowhere.com> wrote in message
>> I'm using WinXP and IE7 on one computer and WinXP and IE8 on another.
>> Both are fully updated--the OS and Flash and Java.
>>
>> Neither computer has been able to display one website. It's for a light
>> fixture store; and when I phoned the store today, the people who work
>> there said they use WinXP and IE and the site displays just fine
>> (although someone else told them last week that the web page couldn't be
>> displayed).
>>
>> Any idea how I can get to this site? It's
>>
>> http://lightoptions.net/
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Jo-Anne

Jo-Anne

Re: IE cannot display web page
Thank you, Bruce! I will call them tomorrow and tell them. I wonder how
they're getting at their own website--or perhaps their catalog is separate
from the internet and they can't tell the difference?

Jo-Anne

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> It doesn't display for me, both on my Win7 machine with IE8 or my XP with
> IE7. It's them, not you.
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP [Mail]
> Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Jo-Anne" <Jo-AnneATnowhere.com> wrote in message
>> I'm using WinXP and IE7 on one computer and WinXP and IE8 on another.
>> Both are fully updated--the OS and Flash and Java.
>>
>> Neither computer has been able to display one website. It's for a light
>> fixture store; and when I phoned the store today, the people who work
>> there said they use WinXP and IE and the site displays just fine
>> (although someone else told them last week that the web page couldn't be
>> displayed).
>>
>> Any idea how I can get to this site? It's
>>
>> http://lightoptions.net/
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Jo-Anne

Jo-Anne

Re: IE cannot display web page
Thank you, Bruce! I will call them tomorrow and tell them. I wonder how
they're getting at their own website--or perhaps their catalog is separate
from the internet and they can't tell the difference?

Jo-Anne

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> It doesn't display for me, both on my Win7 machine with IE8 or my XP with
> IE7. It's them, not you.
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP [Mail]
> Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "Jo-Anne" <Jo-AnneATnowhere.com> wrote in message
>> I'm using WinXP and IE7 on one computer and WinXP and IE8 on another.
>> Both are fully updated--the OS and Flash and Java.
>>
>> Neither computer has been able to display one website. It's for a light
>> fixture store; and when I phoned the store today, the people who work
>> there said they use WinXP and IE and the site displays just fine
>> (although someone else told them last week that the web page couldn't be
>> displayed).
>>
>> Any idea how I can get to this site? It's
>>
>> http://lightoptions.net/
>>
>> Thank you!
>>
>> Jo-Anne

rob^_^

Re: IE cannot display web page
Hi Jo-Anne,

For your IE8 computer (I did not test with IE7 yet, but try to get the IE8
machine to work first) go

Tools>Internet Options - Security tab, click the "Reset all zones to
default" button.

On the Advanced tab, check "Automatically recover from rendering errors with
Compatibility View"

Try to load the site again.

There are some serious coding problems on their homepage... It works on my
Vista IE8 machine and my XP IE8 machine with the above settings...

If still no luck please go to

http://enhanceie.com/ua.aspx

and copy and post back with your userAgent string (the page above will
explain what tf userAgent string is)

Regards.