IE cannot open web page

Daniel

IE cannot open web page
Hi

I am using Ultimate 64 and IE8,

Most of the time when I go to a web page I get this error within the page,
most of the page opens okay but there is often a section with a message as
follows.

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

..Internet connectivity has been lost.
..The website is temporarily unavailable.
..The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
..The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's
domain.
..There might be a typing error in the address.
..If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet Options,
click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled
under the security section.

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
To view subscribed feeds

1.Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed
you want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)

There is a link to diagnose the problem but it tells me that there is no
problem.

Any idea what is wrong?

thanks

Daniel

Leonard Grey

Re: IE cannot open web page
Do the web pages in question include Flash and/or ActiveX controls?
Adobe has not yet released a 64-bit version of Flash for Windows, and
most current ActiveX controls won't run on 64-bit IE.

For these reasons, most people who use Internet Explorer use the 32-bit
version.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Daniel wrote:
> Hi
>
> I am using Ultimate 64 and IE8,
>
> Most of the time when I go to a web page I get this error within the page,
> most of the page opens okay but there is often a section with a message
> as follows.
>
> Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage
>
> This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:
>
> .Internet connectivity has been lost.
> .The website is temporarily unavailable.
> .The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
> .The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's
> domain.
> .There might be a typing error in the address.
> .If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet
> Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols
> are enabled under the security section.
>
> For offline users
>
> You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
> To view subscribed feeds
>
> 1.Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the
> feed you want to view.
>
> To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)
>
> There is a link to diagnose the problem but it tells me that there is no
> problem.
>
> Any idea what is wrong?
>
> thanks
>
> Daniel

Daniel

Re: IE cannot open web page
I do not think the problem is flash or ActiveX, this is a new problem and I
have
had x64 for over 12 months.

But how can I tell which IE8 I have , 32 or 64, and if I have 64, how do I
change back?

thanks

Daniel

> [...]

>> .Internet connectivity has been lost.
>> .The website is temporarily unavailable.
>> .The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
>> .The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's
>> domain.
>> .There might be a typing error in the address.
>> .If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click Tools, click Internet
>> Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols
>> are enabled under the security section.
>>
>> For offline users
>>
>> You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
>> To view subscribed feeds
>>
>> 1.Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the
>> feed you want to view.
>>
>> To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)
>>
>> There is a link to diagnose the problem but it tells me that there is no

Re: IE cannot open web page
Did you upgrade to Win7 Ultimate or is it a brand-new computer?

Do you see the behavior in IE8 32-bit and IE8 64-bit?

Does the behavior persist after doing a Reset? cf.
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...lorer-settings

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

Daniel wrote:
> I am using Ultimate 64 and IE8,
>
> Most of the time when I go to a web page I get this error within the page,
> most of the page opens okay but there is often a section with a message as
> follows.
>
> Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

<snip>