Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http:/www.blah blah blah.

jim evans

Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http:/www.blah blah blah.
When I try to go to a URL in IE I get this message:

"Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http:/www.blah blah
blah.

Operation aborted"

On my wife's computer IE goes to this URL without complaint.

I've flushed everything I know to flush in IE. What could be causing
this?

jim
rob^_^

Re: Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http:/www.blah blah blah.
Hi Jim,

Tools>Compatibility View Settings, check "Include updated website lists from
Microsoft"

If that does not work and If blah, blah blah is a google site and you have
the Google toolbar installed, but not visible/enabled then try enabling it.

If you have installed the Google Chrome browser then you may also have to
enable the ChromeFrame Addon for IE.
You can tell its installed on your computer by typing
javascript:navigator.userAgent;

in your IE Navigation bar. You will see chromeframe in part of your IE User
Agent String.

Actually go to http://enhanceie.com/ua.aspx and post back with a copy and
paste of whats in your User Agent String.
A corrupt User Agent String may also be the root issue.

Regards.

"jim evans" <jimsTAKEOUTnews2@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
> [...]

enable the ChromeFrame Addon for IE.
You can tell its installed on your computer by typing
javascript:navigator.userAgent;

in your IE Navigation bar. You will see chromeframe in part of your IE User
Agent String.

Actually go to http://enhanceie.com/ua.aspx and post back with a copy and
paste of whats in your User Agent String.
A corrupt User Agent String may also be the root issue.

Regards.

"jim evans" <jimsTAKEOUTnews2@houston.rr.com> wrote in message
> When I try to go to a URL in IE I get this message:
>
> "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http:/www.blah blah
> blah.
>
> Operation aborted"
>
> On my wife's computer IE goes to this URL without complaint.
>
> I've flushed everything I know to flush in IE. What could be causing

lypolintan74

"jim evans" wrote:

> When I try to go to a URL in IE I get this message:
>
> "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http:/www.blah blah
> blah.
>
> Operation aborted"
>
> On my wife's computer IE goes to this URL without complaint.
>
> I've flushed everything I know to flush in IE. What could be causing
> this?
>
> jim
> .

lypolintan74

"jim evans" wrote:

> When I try to go to a URL in IE I get this message:
>
> "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http:/www.blah blah
> blah.
>
> Operation aborted"
>
> On my wife's computer IE goes to this URL without complaint.
>
> I've flushed everything I know to flush in IE. What could be causing
> this?
>
> jim
> .

lypolintan74

"jim evans" wrote:

> When I try to go to a URL in IE I get this message:
>
> "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http:/www.blah blah
> blah.
>
> Operation aborted"
>
> On my wife's computer IE goes to this URL without complaint.
>
> I've flushed everything I know to flush in IE. What could be causing
> this?
>
> jim
> .

lypolintan74

"jim evans" wrote:

> When I try to go to a URL in IE I get this message:
>
> "Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http:/www.blah blah
> blah.
>
> Operation aborted"
>
> On my wife's computer IE goes to this URL without complaint.
>
> I've flushed everything I know to flush in IE. What could be causing
> this?
>
> jim
> .

Re: Internet Explorer cannot open the Internet site http:/www.blah blah blah.
A boatload of things could be causing the problem but we can't suggest
anything without knowing your full Windows version and IE version.