IE 8 crashes on MS site

Sach

IE 8 crashes on MS site
Everytime I go to this MS site and click upgrade to upgrade my WMP DRM, IE
crashes. http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/...crlupdate.html

I need to upgrade my DRM because everytime I plugin my flash drive, WMP
crashes. The site is not compatible with other browsers.

I'm using Vista Home Premium 64.

rob^_^

Re: IE 8 crashes on MS site
Hi,

You must be using the x64 version of IE. No problems here with Vista x86,
SP2.
or
You have disabled one of your required ActiveX controls for the site. Go
Tools>Manage Addons, Show - Downloaded controls and ensure all addons of
this type are enabled.

Regards.

"Sach" <Sach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I go to this MS site and click upgrade to upgrade my WMP DRM, IE
> crashes. http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/...crlupdate.html
>
> I need to upgrade my DRM because everytime I plugin my flash drive, WMP
> crashes. The site is not compatible with other browsers.
>
> I'm using Vista Home Premium 64.

rob^_^

Re: IE 8 crashes on MS site
Hi,

You must be using the x64 version of IE. No problems here with Vista x86,
SP2.
or
You have disabled one of your required ActiveX controls for the site. Go
Tools>Manage Addons, Show - Downloaded controls and ensure all addons of
this type are enabled.

Regards.

"Sach" <Sach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I go to this MS site and click upgrade to upgrade my WMP DRM, IE
> crashes. http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/...crlupdate.html
>
> I need to upgrade my DRM because everytime I plugin my flash drive, WMP
> crashes. The site is not compatible with other browsers.
>
> I'm using Vista Home Premium 64.

rob^_^

Re: IE 8 crashes on MS site
Hi,

You must be using the x64 version of IE. No problems here with Vista x86,
SP2.
or
You have disabled one of your required ActiveX controls for the site. Go
Tools>Manage Addons, Show - Downloaded controls and ensure all addons of
this type are enabled.

Regards.

"Sach" <Sach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I go to this MS site and click upgrade to upgrade my WMP DRM, IE
> crashes. http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/...crlupdate.html
>
> I need to upgrade my DRM because everytime I plugin my flash drive, WMP
> crashes. The site is not compatible with other browsers.
>
> I'm using Vista Home Premium 64.

rob^_^

Re: IE 8 crashes on MS site
Hi,

You must be using the x64 version of IE. No problems here with Vista x86,
SP2.
or
You have disabled one of your required ActiveX controls for the site. Go
Tools>Manage Addons, Show - Downloaded controls and ensure all addons of
this type are enabled.

Regards.

"Sach" <Sach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Everytime I go to this MS site and click upgrade to upgrade my WMP DRM, IE
> crashes. http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/...crlupdate.html
>
> I need to upgrade my DRM because everytime I plugin my flash drive, WMP
> crashes. The site is not compatible with other browsers.
>
> I'm using Vista Home Premium 64.

Steve

Re: IE 8 crashes on MS site
Hi Rob and thanks for the response. I've made sure all ad-ons of all
categories are enabled. I was actually using the regular IE that was
crashing. When I use the 64 bit, it does not crash, instead it gives me the
following error: An error was encountered during upgrade. If you are still
unable to play your content, additional help and support is available on
http://support.microsoft.com

"rob^_^" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> You must be using the x64 version of IE. No problems here with Vista x86,
> SP2.
> or
> You have disabled one of your required ActiveX controls for the site. Go
> Tools>Manage Addons, Show - Downloaded controls and ensure all addons of
> this type are enabled.
>
> Regards.
>
> "Sach" <Sach@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Everytime I go to this MS site and click upgrade to upgrade my WMP DRM, IE
> > crashes. http://drmlicense.one.microsoft.com/...crlupdate.html
> >
> > I need to upgrade my DRM because everytime I plugin my flash drive, WMP
> > crashes. The site is not compatible with other browsers.
> >
> > I'm using Vista Home Premium 64.

Steve

RE: IE 8 crashes on MS site
And sorry for the confusion...I changed my name.