Algorithm for what appears in addressbar drop down in IE8?

+Bob+

Algorithm for what appears in addressbar drop down in IE8?
OK.. IE6 seemed moderately predictable, IE7 a little less, but still
slightly sensible, but WTF is up with IE8? I can't figure what
possible criteria it could be using to populate the drop down. Some
items that I frequently type in never show up, and some that I type
just once jump right in. Any ideas on how to get some addresses you
use frequently to show up in the drop down?

williamtell

Re: Algorithm for what appears in addressbar drop down in IE8?
Windows Search!

"+Bob+" <nomailplease@example.com> wrote in message
> OK.. IE6 seemed moderately predictable, IE7 a little less, but still
> slightly sensible, but WTF is up with IE8? I can't figure what
> possible criteria it could be using to populate the drop down. Some
> items that I frequently type in never show up, and some that I type
> just once jump right in. Any ideas on how to get some addresses you
> use frequently to show up in the drop down?

williamtell

Re: Algorithm for what appears in addressbar drop down in IE8?
Windows Search!

>WT<

"+Bob+" <nomailplease@example.com> wrote in message
> OK.. IE6 seemed moderately predictable, IE7 a little less, but still
> slightly sensible, but WTF is up with IE8? I can't figure what
> possible criteria it could be using to populate the drop down. Some
> items that I frequently type in never show up, and some that I type
> just once jump right in. Any ideas on how to get some addresses you
> use frequently to show up in the drop down?

williamtell

Re: Algorithm for what appears in addressbar drop down in IE8?
Windows Search!

>WT<

"+Bob+" <nomailplease@example.com> wrote in message
> OK.. IE6 seemed moderately predictable, IE7 a little less, but still
> slightly sensible, but WTF is up with IE8? I can't figure what
> possible criteria it could be using to populate the drop down. Some
> items that I frequently type in never show up, and some that I type
> just once jump right in. Any ideas on how to get some addresses you
> use frequently to show up in the drop down?

williamtell

Re: Algorithm for what appears in addressbar drop down in IE8?
Windows Search!

>WT<

"+Bob+" <nomailplease@example.com> wrote in message
> OK.. IE6 seemed moderately predictable, IE7 a little less, but still
> slightly sensible, but WTF is up with IE8? I can't figure what
> possible criteria it could be using to populate the drop down. Some
> items that I frequently type in never show up, and some that I type
> just once jump right in. Any ideas on how to get some addresses you
> use frequently to show up in the drop down?

Re: Algorithm for what appears in addressbar drop down in IE8?
Smart Address Bar: What's new?
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...hat-s-new.aspx

On Wed, 17 Mar 2010 18:43:35 -0400, "williamtell" <wt@nospam.invalid>
wrote:

>Windows Search!

You're going to need to elaborate on that answer a bit for it to be
helpful.