Fresh Win7, IE8 no connect with firewall enabled ...

RobinZ

Fresh Win7, IE8 no connect with firewall enabled ...
Installed a fresh install of Windows7 (no upgrade), enabled windows firewall
and allowed program through firewall and I am unable to connect. When
firewall is disabled, IE connects. Something in windows firewall blocking but
I cannot find it. What am I missing?

Robin

Re: Fresh Win7, IE8 no connect with firewall enabled ...
Did you format the HDD prior to installing Win7?

subscription current?

Do other applications connect?

Are you connecting via dial-up, cable, ADSL, satellite, or wireless internet
USB modem? Is a router involved?

Why can’t I connect to the Internet?
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/W...o-the-internet

Post here instead:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...etwork/threads

RobinZ wrote:
> Installed a fresh install of Windows7 (no upgrade), enabled windows
> firewall
> and allowed program through firewall and I am unable to connect. When
> firewall is disabled, IE connects. Something in windows firewall blocking
> but I cannot find it. What am I missing?

Leonard Grey

Re: Fresh Win7, IE8 no connect with firewall enabled ...
What is a "fresh install"?

There are two ways to install Windows 7: An 'upgrade' installs Windows 7
over an existing copy of Windows; a 'custom install' installs Windows 7
on a formatted hard disk.

Windows Firewall is enabled by default in Windows 7. Why did you have to
enable it manually?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

RobinZ wrote:
> Installed a fresh install of Windows7 (no upgrade), enabled windows firewall
> and allowed program through firewall and I am unable to connect. When
> firewall is disabled, IE connects. Something in windows firewall blocking but
> I cannot find it. What am I missing?
>
> Robin

Leonard Grey

RobinZ wrote:
> Installed a fresh install of Windows7 (no upgrade), enabled windows firewall
> and allowed program through firewall and I am unable to connect. When
> firewall is disabled, IE connects. Something in windows firewall blocking but
> I cannot find it. What am I missing?
>
> Robin

Leonard Grey

RobinZ wrote:
> Installed a fresh install of Windows7 (no upgrade), enabled windows firewall
> and allowed program through firewall and I am unable to connect. When
> firewall is disabled, IE connects. Something in windows firewall blocking but
> I cannot find it. What am I missing?
>
> Robin

Leonard Grey

RobinZ wrote:
> Installed a fresh install of Windows7 (no upgrade), enabled windows firewall
> and allowed program through firewall and I am unable to connect. When
> firewall is disabled, IE connects. Something in windows firewall blocking but
> I cannot find it. What am I missing?
>
> Robin

RobinZ

Re: Fresh Win7, IE8 no connect with firewall enabled ...
Brand new drive. Everything else works, Firefox as we speak. Firewall enabled
as in "outbound connections". Re-read my original post.