IE8 - want NO tabbed browsing

MK

IE8 - want NO tabbed browsing
I know how to turn off tabbed browsing but, now that I have, clicking on
links in emails or other pages no longer opens NEW windows (it changes the
page I'm looking at in the current window, instead). Do the settings under
tabbed browsing have any effect when tabbed browsing is disabled?
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE8 - want NO tabbed browsing

"MK" <MK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I know how to turn off tabbed browsing but, now that I have, clicking on
> links in emails or other pages no longer opens NEW windows (it changes the
> page I'm looking at in the current window, instead). Do the settings
> under
> tabbed browsing have any effect when tabbed browsing is disabled?

Press Shift- when you click on a link if you want it to open in a new
window.

---

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE8 - want NO tabbed browsing

"MK" <MK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I know how to turn off tabbed browsing but, now that I have, clicking on
> links in emails or other pages no longer opens NEW windows (it changes the
> page I'm looking at in the current window, instead). Do the settings
> under
> tabbed browsing have any effect when tabbed browsing is disabled?

Press Shift- when you click on a link if you want it to open in a new
window.

---

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE8 - want NO tabbed browsing

"MK" <MK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I know how to turn off tabbed browsing but, now that I have, clicking on
> links in emails or other pages no longer opens NEW windows (it changes the
> page I'm looking at in the current window, instead). Do the settings
> under
> tabbed browsing have any effect when tabbed browsing is disabled?

Press Shift- when you click on a link if you want it to open in a new
window.

---

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE8 - want NO tabbed browsing

"MK" <MK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I know how to turn off tabbed browsing but, now that I have, clicking on
> links in emails or other pages no longer opens NEW windows (it changes the
> page I'm looking at in the current window, instead). Do the settings
> under
> tabbed browsing have any effect when tabbed browsing is disabled?

Press Shift- when you click on a link if you want it to open in a new
window.

---

Re: IE8 - want NO tabbed browsing
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version
when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next
reply.

1. Close all open applications.

2. Start | Settings | Control Panel | Folder Options | File Types (tab):
a. Scroll down to {NONE} Internet Shortcut and select it.
b. Click Advanced
c. Select 'open'
d. Click Edit
e. Uncheck: Use DDE
f. OK your way out

MK wrote:
> I know how to turn off tabbed browsing but, now that I have, clicking on
> links in emails or other pages no longer opens NEW windows (it changes the
> page I'm looking at in the current window, instead). Do the settings
> under
> tabbed browsing have any effect when tabbed browsing is disabled?

MK

Re: IE8 - want NO tabbed browsing
Sorry for the missing info:
OS = Win 7 Pro
IE = 8.0.7600...

I don't want tabbed browsing to be my default -- I want the old-style, one
window per page possibility to be my default. There was, formerly, a setting
to "open in a new window" or somesuch, automatically.

Turning OFF tabbed browsing, in IE8, under TOOLS > OPTIONS did NOT do this,
at first, but it seems to have "kicked in" since. So no longer a problem.
Thank you.

mk