Inaccurate tab logos

clunan

Inaccurate tab logos
In IE 8.0 I love the tabbing feature, but recently it has been inserting the
wrong logo for my favorite websites. For instance, the Bank of America logo
is showing up in the tab for other favorite websites. This is an annoyance as
those logos do help me keep track of what sites I have open in each browser
window. Any advise on how to correct this problem?
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Inaccurate tab logos

"clunan" <clunan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In IE 8.0 I love the tabbing feature, but recently it has been inserting
> the
> wrong logo for my favorite websites. For instance, the Bank of America
> logo
> is showing up in the tab for other favorite websites. This is an annoyance
> as
> those logos do help me keep track of what sites I have open in each
> browser
> window. Any advise on how to correct this problem?

Clear the TIF. For best results close all IE windows (and anything else
which might be using the TIF) and use the Control Panel's Internet Options
applet.

---

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Inaccurate tab logos

"clunan" <clunan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In IE 8.0 I love the tabbing feature, but recently it has been inserting
> the
> wrong logo for my favorite websites. For instance, the Bank of America
> logo
> is showing up in the tab for other favorite websites. This is an annoyance
> as
> those logos do help me keep track of what sites I have open in each
> browser
> window. Any advise on how to correct this problem?

Clear the TIF. For best results close all IE windows (and anything else
which might be using the TIF) and use the Control Panel's Internet Options
applet.

---

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Inaccurate tab logos

"clunan" <clunan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In IE 8.0 I love the tabbing feature, but recently it has been inserting
> the
> wrong logo for my favorite websites. For instance, the Bank of America
> logo
> is showing up in the tab for other favorite websites. This is an annoyance
> as
> those logos do help me keep track of what sites I have open in each
> browser
> window. Any advise on how to correct this problem?

Clear the TIF. For best results close all IE windows (and anything else
which might be using the TIF) and use the Control Panel's Internet Options
applet.

---

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Inaccurate tab logos

"clunan" <clunan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> In IE 8.0 I love the tabbing feature, but recently it has been inserting
> the
> wrong logo for my favorite websites. For instance, the Bank of America
> logo
> is showing up in the tab for other favorite websites. This is an annoyance
> as
> those logos do help me keep track of what sites I have open in each
> browser
> window. Any advise on how to correct this problem?

Clear the TIF. For best results close all IE windows (and anything else
which might be using the TIF) and use the Control Panel's Internet Options
applet.

---

Twayne

Re: Inaccurate tab logos
In news:e1SgudexKHA.5576@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl,
Robert Aldwinckle <robald@techemail.com> typed:
> "clunan" <clunan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> In IE 8.0 I love the tabbing feature, but recently it has
>> been inserting the
>> wrong logo for my favorite websites. For instance, the
>> Bank of America logo
>> is showing up in the tab for other favorite websites. This
>> is an annoyance as
>> those logos do help me keep track of what sites I have
>> open in each browser
>> window. Any advise on how to correct this problem?

> Clear the TIF. For best results close all IE windows
> (and anything else which might be using the TIF) and use
> the Control Panel's Internet Options applet.
>

> ---

By TIF I assume you mean "temporary internet files"? "TIF" and its
relatives are an image file format. When using something like that, the
first time it's mentioned should include what it's meaning is meant to be so
readers comprehend it accurately in only one reading.

Newsgroups are great places to get assistance.
But always verify important information with
other sources to be certain you have a clear
understanding of it and that it is accurate.

> [...]

>> is an annoyance as
>> those logos do help me keep track of what sites I have
>> open in each browser
>> window. Any advise on how to correct this problem?

> Clear the TIF. For best results close all IE windows
> (and anything else which might be using the TIF) and use
> the Control Panel's Internet Options applet.
>

> ---

By TIF I assume you mean "temporary internet files"? "TIF" and its
relatives are an image file format. When using something like that, the
first time it's mentioned should include what it's meaning is meant to be so
readers comprehend it accurately in only one reading.

Newsgroups are great places to get assistance.
But always verify important information with
other sources to be certain you have a clear
understanding of it and that it is accurate.

Rob

Re: Inaccurate tab logos
Twayne <nobody@spamcop.net> wrote:
> By TIF I assume you mean "temporary internet files"? "TIF" and its
> relatives are an image file format. When using something like that, the
> first time it's mentioned should include what it's meaning is meant to be so
> readers comprehend it accurately in only one reading.

The image file format is called TIFF rather than TIF.