IE8 freezes/hangs with video Web sites?

Ant

IE8 freezes/hangs with video Web sites?
Hello.

Is there a known issue with Internet Explorer v8.0, in old Windows XP,
freezing/hanging on various video Web sites? My friend and others, on
http://www.videosift.com/talk/This-s...etting-hung-up, say
people are having problems there and other video Web sites (e.g.,
http://www.roblox.com/).

Thank you in advance.
--
"It's kind of an insane case ... 6,000 ants dressed up as rice and
robbed a Chinese restaurant." --Steven Wright
| |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
\ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
( ) or ANTant@zimage.com
Don Varnau

Re: IE8 freezes/hangs with video Web sites?
Hi,
First clear the Temporary Internet Files.

Then:
Troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player installation for Windows:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=tn_19166
and
jd-adobe Troubleshooting Flash Player stability and performance:
http://blogs.adobe.com/jd/2010/02/tr...r_stabili.html

Or, it might be a bandwidth/traffic issue with no solution on the user's
end.
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Ant" <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote in message
> [...]

Troubleshoot Adobe Flash Player installation for Windows:
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/view...nalId=tn_19166
and
jd-adobe Troubleshooting Flash Player stability and performance:
http://blogs.adobe.com/jd/2010/02/tr...r_stabili.html

Or, it might be a bandwidth/traffic issue with no solution on the user's
end.
-
Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"Ant" <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote in message
> Hello.
>
> Is there a known issue with Internet Explorer v8.0, in old Windows XP,
> freezing/hanging on various video Web sites? My friend and others, on
> http://www.videosift.com/talk/This-s...etting-hung-up, say
> people are having problems there and other video Web sites (e.g.,

Ant

Re: IE8 freezes/hangs with video Web sites?
They already did all that.

On 3/17/2010 2:46 AM PT, Don Varnau typed:

--
"Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first
instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she

--
"Whenever I see an old lady slip and fall on a wet sidewalk, my first
instinct is to laugh. But then I think, what if I was an ant, and she
fell on me. Then it wouldn't seem quite so funny." --Saturday Night Live
FAQ: Deep Thoughts
/\___/\
/ /\ /\ \ Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site)
| |o o| | Ant's Quality Foraged Links: http://aqfl.net
\ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address: philpi@earthlink.netANT
( ) or ANTant@zimage.com
Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE8 freezes/hangs with video Web sites?

"Ant" <ant@zimage.comANT> wrote in message
> Hello.
>
> Is there a known issue with Internet Explorer v8.0, in old Windows XP,
> freezing/hanging on various video Web sites? My friend and others, on
> http://www.videosift.com/talk/This-s...etting-hung-up, say people
> are having problems there and other video Web sites (e.g.,
> http://www.roblox.com/).

They say it doesn't happen on Firefox but if the sequence is
1. use IE until it hangs
2. try Firefox

perhaps they should try a new sequence:
1. use Firefox until it hangs
2. try IE

What conclusions would be drawn then? ; )

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---