IE8 totally freezes on Win7 - help?

Breezer

IE8 totally freezes on Win7 - help?
Hello,

since my IE8 crashed on Win7 32Bit a few days ago, I can't get it to
run again.
When opening the "..has crashed" message askes me, if I want to open
with the last session or the startscreen. Anyway what I choose, IE
freezes totally. I can't stop the opening, nor can I click on any menu
or anything else.
I tried to deactivate and activate again the IE in Windows system
control, without result.
I deleted all temporary internet files, without result.
I looked for a download with a new full install, but there is no
download for Win7 and the IE8 version for Vista is refused on Win7.
For sake I installed Firefox before.
Any ideas any hints very appreciated
Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 totally freezes on Win7 - help?
"Tips For Solving Problems with Internet Explorer"
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ernet-Explorer
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Breezer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> since my IE8 crashed on Win7 32Bit a few days ago, I can't get it to
> run again.
> When opening the "..has crashed" message askes me, if I want to open
> with the last session or the startscreen. Anyway what I choose, IE
> freezes totally. I can't stop the opening, nor can I click on any menu
> or anything else.
> I tried to deactivate and activate again the IE in Windows system
> control, without result.
> I deleted all temporary internet files, without result.
> I looked for a download with a new full install, but there is no
> download for Win7 and the IE8 version for Vista is refused on Win7.
> For sake I installed Firefox before.
> Any ideas any hints very appreciated

Re: IE8 totally freezes on Win7 - help?
See replies to your identical post in IE forum.

Breezer wrote:
> Hello,
>
> since my IE8 crashed on Win7 32Bit a few days ago, I can't get it to
> run again.
> When opening the "..has crashed" message askes me, if I want to open
> with the last session or the startscreen. Anyway what I choose, IE
> freezes totally. I can't stop the opening, nor can I click on any menu
> or anything else.
> I tried to deactivate and activate again the IE in Windows system
> control, without result.
> I deleted all temporary internet files, without result.
> I looked for a download with a new full install, but there is no
> download for Win7 and the IE8 version for Vista is refused on Win7.
> For sake I installed Firefox before.
> Any ideas any hints very appreciated

Breezer

Re: IE8 totally freezes on Win7 - help?
Hi Leonard,
I can't follow those hints, because for disabeling add ons or
resetting the settings, the IE should be manageble, but I can't do
anything with it. The Malicious Removal Tool didn't find anything
either and there is no update or not even a full version for download
for Win 7.