IE8 Error on loading

Lori

IE8 Error on loading
I am using Windows XP, connected to a Windows Small Business Server. When
opening IE8 I receive an error that the web page cannot be found do I want to
send an error report to Microsoft. I can't enter any other address in the
browser, but had download Firefox for now. My homepage is our company web.
When checking my network connections, it somehow has been deleted and now I
am receiving an error that my firewall is not on. My firewall is run by the
server under group policy. I have tried adding a network connection, but it
goes so far and then stops. I am still connected to the server as I can work
in other files stored there, but anything having to do with internet is not
available.

PLEASE HELP!
Lori

Re: IE8 Error on loading
Are you running WinXP SP2 or SP3?

Is this a sudden, new problem? Did you just installed IE8?

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...lorer-settings

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your

it)?

Lori wrote:
> I am using Windows XP, connected to a Windows Small Business Server. When
> opening IE8 I receive an error that the web page cannot be found do I want
> to send an error report to Microsoft. I can't enter any other address in
> the browser, but had download Firefox for now. My homepage is our company
> web. When checking my network connections, it somehow has been deleted and
> now I am receiving an error that my firewall is not on. My firewall is
> run by the server under group policy. I have tried adding a network
> connection, but it goes so far and then stops. I am still connected to
> the
> server as I can work in other files stored there, but anything having to
> do
> with internet is not available.
>
> PLEASE HELP!
> Lori

Richard in AZ

Re: IE8 Error on loading
If this is a company owned computer, you do not do a thing. Call your IT department for support.
They don't want you messing with the computer.

If this is your personal computer, you may have a Trojan horse malware.
Provide more information.

"Lori" <Lori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> [...]

If this is your personal computer, you may have a Trojan horse malware.
Provide more information.

"Lori" <Lori@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using Windows XP, connected to a Windows Small Business Server. When
> opening IE8 I receive an error that the web page cannot be found do I want to
> send an error report to Microsoft. I can't enter any other address in the
> browser, but had download Firefox for now. My homepage is our company web.
> When checking my network connections, it somehow has been deleted and now I
> am receiving an error that my firewall is not on. My firewall is run by the
> server under group policy. I have tried adding a network connection, but it
> goes so far and then stops. I am still connected to the server as I can work
> in other files stored there, but anything having to do with internet is not

Lori

Re: IE8 Error on loading
SP3
Sudden problem. Ran disk cleanup and defrag the previous night which I do
every 3 weeks. Have been using IE8 for some time now. No other new programs
installed recently.

Tried the IE8 with no add ons and it is fine. Since our company web is the
default page and my network connection is missing, makes since IE8 loads
without add ons.

Symantec Antivirus. We did discover a virus scan in our history that had
been running for a week. We called Symantec and got that problem fixed. No
other antivirus on this machine.

We use the windows firewall and also have a D-Link DIR-130
--
Lori