IE8 Not displaying some web pages

22Pom

IE8 Not displaying some web pages
Hi All,

NOTE:- I have already posted this problem in Microsoft Answers looking for
help but as yet have not received any replies.

I'm having trouble accessing additional pages, such as PDF, from web sites.
All I get is the infamous 'Internet Explorer cannot display the web page'.
Running the diagnostics does not give any answers, most frustrating.

I can run IE8 on an old computer running Windows XP and all is fine, so it's
not the web site that's giving me grief. My current computer is an Acer
running Windows 7 upgrade over Vista.

I have cleared my cache, checked that my SSL & TLS are checked, removed and
reinstalled IE8 using Control Panel, still no luck. I have gone through all
the various problem solving methods offered with no solution, save having to
do a total system rebuild, something I'm reluctant to do right now, I'm at a
total loss as to what to do next so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Best Rgds,
Pom Dave

p.s. It's not a modem problem because it is a wireless type and my old XP
computer runs remotely from this.
Don Varnau

Re: IE8 Not displaying some web pages
Hi,
Regarding PDF files:
First open Adobe Reader> Help> Check for updates. Install the update , if
available.

Then, Adobe Reader> Edit> Preferences> Internet> uncheck "Display PDF in
browser." PDF files will open Adobe Reader, bypassing Internet Explorer.

Also, from Adobe Reader> Help, there's a repair option you can use if
previous steps don't resolve the issue.

Are other file types involved?
-
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"22Pom" <22Pom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi All,
>
> NOTE:- I have already posted this problem in Microsoft Answers looking for
> help but as yet have not received any replies.
>
> I'm having trouble accessing additional pages, such as PDF, from web

sites.
> All I get is the infamous 'Internet Explorer cannot display the web page'.
> Running the diagnostics does not give any answers, most frustrating.
>
> I can run IE8 on an old computer running Windows XP and all is fine, so

it's
> not the web site that's giving me grief. My current computer is an Acer
> running Windows 7 upgrade over Vista.
>
> I have cleared my cache, checked that my SSL & TLS are checked, removed

and
> reinstalled IE8 using Control Panel, still no luck. I have gone through

all
> the various problem solving methods offered with no solution, save having

> do a total system rebuild, something I'm reluctant to do right now, I'm at

> total loss as to what to do next so any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Best Rgds,
> Pom Dave
>
> p.s. It's not a modem problem because it is a wireless type and my old XP
> computer runs remotely from this.

Re: IE8 Not displaying some web pages
> NOTE:- I have already posted this problem in Microsoft Answers looking for
> help but as yet have not received any replies.

Patience is a virtue, especially on weekends:
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...-36fb0a0a4eaa/

22Pom wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> NOTE:- I have already posted this problem in Microsoft Answers looking for
> help but as yet have not received any replies.
>
> I'm having trouble accessing additional pages, such as PDF, from web
> sites.
> All I get is the infamous 'Internet Explorer cannot display the web page'.
> Running the diagnostics does not give any answers, most frustrating.
>
> I can run IE8 on an old computer running Windows XP and all is fine, so
> it's
> not the web site that's giving me grief. My current computer is an Acer
> running Windows 7 upgrade over Vista.
>
> I have cleared my cache, checked that my SSL & TLS are checked, removed
> and
> reinstalled IE8 using Control Panel, still no luck. I have gone through
> all
> the various problem solving methods offered with no solution, save having
> do a total system rebuild, something I'm reluctant to do right now, I'm at
> total loss as to what to do next so any help would be greatly appreciated.
>
> Best Rgds,
> Pom Dave
>
> p.s. It's not a modem problem because it is a wireless type and my old XP
> computer runs remotely from this.

rob^_^

Re: IE8 Not displaying some web pages
Hi Don,

Can that answer! vg.

> Hi,
> Regarding PDF files:
> First open Adobe Reader> Help> Check for updates. Install the update , if
> available.
>
> Then, Adobe Reader> Edit> Preferences> Internet> uncheck "Display PDF in
> browser." PDF files will open Adobe Reader, bypassing Internet Explorer.
>
> Also, from Adobe Reader> Help, there's a repair option you can use if
> previous steps don't resolve the issue.
>
> Are other file types involved?
> -
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "22Pom" <22Pom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi All,
>>
>> NOTE:- I have already posted this problem in Microsoft Answers looking
>> for
>> help but as yet have not received any replies.
>>
>> I'm having trouble accessing additional pages, such as PDF, from web

> sites.
>> All I get is the infamous 'Internet Explorer cannot display the web
>> page'.
>> Running the diagnostics does not give any answers, most frustrating.
>>
>> I can run IE8 on an old computer running Windows XP and all is fine, so

> it's
>> not the web site that's giving me grief. My current computer is an Acer
>> running Windows 7 upgrade over Vista.
>>
>> I have cleared my cache, checked that my SSL & TLS are checked, removed

> and
>> reinstalled IE8 using Control Panel, still no luck. I have gone through

> all
>> the various problem solving methods offered with no solution, save having

>> do a total system rebuild, something I'm reluctant to do right now, I'm
>> at

>> total loss as to what to do next so any help would be greatly
>> appreciated.
>>
>> Best Rgds,
>> Pom Dave
>>
>> p.s. It's not a modem problem because it is a wireless type and my old
>> XP
>> computer runs remotely from this.

22Pom

Re: IE8 Not displaying some web pages
Hi Don,

That did the trick, it may not be the correct way, but it works just the same.

Thanks again

Best Rgds,
Pom Dave

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Regarding PDF files:
> First open Adobe Reader> Help> Check for updates. Install the update , if
> available.
>
> Then, Adobe Reader> Edit> Preferences> Internet> uncheck "Display PDF in
> browser." PDF files will open Adobe Reader, bypassing Internet Explorer.
>
> Also, from Adobe Reader> Help, there's a repair option you can use if
> previous steps don't resolve the issue.
>
> Are other file types involved?
> -
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]

22Pom

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Regarding PDF files:
> First open Adobe Reader> Help> Check for updates. Install the update , if
> available.
>
> Then, Adobe Reader> Edit> Preferences> Internet> uncheck "Display PDF in
> browser." PDF files will open Adobe Reader, bypassing Internet Explorer.
>
> Also, from Adobe Reader> Help, there's a repair option you can use if
> previous steps don't resolve the issue.
>
> Are other file types involved?
> -
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]

22Pom

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Regarding PDF files:
> First open Adobe Reader> Help> Check for updates. Install the update , if
> available.
>
> Then, Adobe Reader> Edit> Preferences> Internet> uncheck "Display PDF in
> browser." PDF files will open Adobe Reader, bypassing Internet Explorer.
>
> Also, from Adobe Reader> Help, there's a repair option you can use if
> previous steps don't resolve the issue.
>
> Are other file types involved?
> -
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]

22Pom

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Regarding PDF files:
> First open Adobe Reader> Help> Check for updates. Install the update , if
> available.
>
> Then, Adobe Reader> Edit> Preferences> Internet> uncheck "Display PDF in
> browser." PDF files will open Adobe Reader, bypassing Internet Explorer.
>
> Also, from Adobe Reader> Help, there's a repair option you can use if
> previous steps don't resolve the issue.
>
> Are other file types involved?
> -
> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]

Re: IE8 Not displaying some web pages
See replies to your identical thread in IE Forum.