Can't access Yahoo Groups

clr

Can't access Yahoo Groups
Hi All.........
Win XP pro, IE6 here.
All of a sudden today I cannot go to any Yahoo Groups, (where I could easily
before). When I try, the site opens and almost immediately I get a pop-up
declaring that IE6 has encountered an error and must close. I seem to be
able to access other sites ok, without getting the message. Anyone know
what's up with that?

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

Bruce Hagen

Re: Can't access Yahoo Groups
From your message headers:

You are running a very outdated and less secure version of IE/OE and XP in
general. You have absolutely no critical patches installed since Service
Pack 2 was released in August, 2004.

I would suggest you visit Windows Updates ASAP. After your machine is been
brought up to date, see if you still encounter the same issue.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"clr" <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hi All.........
> Win XP pro, IE6 here.
> All of a sudden today I cannot go to any Yahoo Groups, (where I could
> easily before). When I try, the site opens and almost immediately I get
> a pop-up declaring that IE6 has encountered an error and must close. I
> seem to be able to access other sites ok, without getting the message.
> Anyone know what's up with that?
>
> Vaya con Dios,
> Chuck, CABGx3

Robin

Re: Can't access Yahoo Groups
Is there a way to bypass windows authenticator so I can visit update without
getting shut down?

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
> From your message headers:

> You are running a very outdated and less secure version of IE/OE and XP in
> general. You have absolutely no critical patches installed since Service
> Pack 2 was released in August, 2004.
>
> I would suggest you visit Windows Updates ASAP. After your machine is been
> brought up to date, see if you still encounter the same issue.
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP [Mail]
> Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "clr" <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
>> Hi All.........
>> Win XP pro, IE6 here.
>> All of a sudden today I cannot go to any Yahoo Groups, (where I could
>> easily before). When I try, the site opens and almost immediately I get
>> a pop-up declaring that IE6 has encountered an error and must close. I
>> seem to be able to access other sites ok, without getting the message.
>> Anyone know what's up with that?
>>
>> Vaya con Dios,
>> Chuck, CABGx3

Bruce Hagen

Re: Can't access Yahoo Groups
If your Windows version is not authenticated, you cannot get updates. It
is considered a pirated copy if not authenticated.

What is genuine Microsoft software and why is it important?
http://www.microsoft.com/genuine/downloads/FAQ.aspx

How to authenticate Windows
http://www.wikihow.com/Authenticate-Windows
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"Robin" <greetings@html.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to bypass windows authenticator so I can visit update
> without getting shut down?
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> From your message headers:

>> You are running a very outdated and less secure version of IE/OE and XP
>> in general. You have absolutely no critical patches installed since
>> Service Pack 2 was released in August, 2004.
>>
>> I would suggest you visit Windows Updates ASAP. After your machine is
>> been brought up to date, see if you still encounter the same issue.
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP [Mail]
>> Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "clr" <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi All.........
>>> Win XP pro, IE6 here.
>>> All of a sudden today I cannot go to any Yahoo Groups, (where I could
>>> easily before). When I try, the site opens and almost immediately I
>>> get a pop-up declaring that IE6 has encountered an error and must
>>> close. I seem to be able to access other sites ok, without getting
>>> the message. Anyone know what's up with that?
>>>
>>> Vaya con Dios,
>>> Chuck, CABGx3

Re: Can't access Yahoo Groups
No. Are you and "clr" the same poster or...?

Robin wrote:
> Is there a way to bypass windows authenticator so I can visit update
> without getting shut down?
>
> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>> From your message headers:

>> You are running a very outdated and less secure version of IE/OE and XP
>> in
>> general. You have absolutely no critical patches installed since Service
>> Pack 2 was released in August, 2004.
>>
>> I would suggest you visit Windows Updates ASAP. After your machine is
>> been
>> brought up to date, see if you still encounter the same issue.
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP [Mail]
>> Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "clr" <croberts@tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi All.........
>>> Win XP pro, IE6 here.
>>> All of a sudden today I cannot go to any Yahoo Groups, (where I could
>>> easily before). When I try, the site opens and almost immediately I get
>>> a pop-up declaring that IE6 has encountered an error and must close. I
>>> seem to be able to access other sites ok, without getting the message.
>>> Anyone know what's up with that?
>>>
>>> Vaya con Dios,
>>> Chuck, CABGx3

clr

Re: Can't access Yahoo Groups
This person asking about bypassing the Windows Authenticator is NOT clr

Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3

> No. Are you and "clr" the same poster or...?
>
> Robin wrote:
>> Is there a way to bypass windows authenticator so I can visit update
>> without getting shut down?
>>
>> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>>> From your message headers:

>>> You are running a very outdated and less secure version of IE/OE and XP
>>> in
>>> general. You have absolutely no critical patches installed since Service
>>> Pack 2 was released in August, 2004.
>>>
>>> I would suggest you visit Windows Updates ASAP. After your machine is
>>> been
>>> brought up to date, see if you still encounter the same issue.
>>> --
>>> Bruce Hagen
>>> MS-MVP [Mail]
>>> Imperial Beach, CA

Re: Can't access Yahoo Groups
Thanks, I didn't think so...

clr wrote:
> This person asking about bypassing the Windows Authenticator is NOT clr
>
> Vaya con Dios,
> Chuck, CABGx3

>> No. Are you and "clr" the same poster or...?
>>
>> Robin wrote:
>>> Is there a way to bypass windows authenticator so I can visit update
>>> without getting shut down?

clr

Re: Can't access Yahoo Groups
Thanks Bruce, but I do not wish to persue that path. I am only looking for
a reversal of whatever caused this situation to suddenly come up. As a
further note, I am able to access all Yahoo Groups as normally, if I start
my computer in SAFE mode, but not in NORMAL mode.

Any other suggestions would be appreciated,
Vaya con Dios,
Chuck, CABGx3