How to stop IE8 too automatically login into my email?

Andy

How to stop IE8 too automatically login into my email?
When I was using previous versions of IE with XP and Vista I was making the
Yahoo email login my start page and opening the IE was taking me to the Yahoo
email login.
After loging into one of my Yahoo email accounts I was opening a new
instance of IE and it was showing the Yahoo email login page again, so, I
could login to my another email account and switch between the email accounts
simply by clicking on different open instances of the IE.
Now, with the IE8 when opened it is already loged in to an account I was
loged in before, and every instance of IE8 opens loged in to the same
account, so, I have to logout from one account and login to another.
What settings should I change in order to use IE8 like I was using my
previous versions of IE before?
Thank you.
Dan

Re: How to stop IE8 too automatically login into my email?

"Andy" <Andy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I was using previous versions of IE with XP and Vista I was making
> the
> Yahoo email login my start page and opening the IE was taking me to the
> Yahoo
> email login.
> After loging into one of my Yahoo email accounts I was opening a new
> instance of IE and it was showing the Yahoo email login page again, so, I
> could login to my another email account and switch between the email
> accounts
> simply by clicking on different open instances of the IE.
> Now, with the IE8 when opened it is already loged in to an account I was
> loged in before, and every instance of IE8 opens loged in to the same
> account, so, I have to logout from one account and login to another.
> What settings should I change in order to use IE8 like I was using my
> previous versions of IE before?
> Thank you.

IE8 defaults to sharing the session between all open windows. To open a new
window that doesn't share the current session data use the File > New
Session menu option.

--
Dan

Re: How to stop IE8 too automatically login into my email?
IE File | New session

Session Cookies, sessionStorage, and IE8 or “How can I log into two webmail
accounts at the same time?”
http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...e-and-ie8.aspx

Andy wrote:
> When I was using previous versions of IE with XP and Vista I was making
> the
> Yahoo email login my start page and opening the IE was taking me to the
> Yahoo email login.
> After loging into one of my Yahoo email accounts I was opening a new
> instance of IE and it was showing the Yahoo email login page again, so, I
> could login to my another email account and switch between the email
> accounts simply by clicking on different open instances of the IE.
> Now, with the IE8 when opened it is already loged in to an account I was
> loged in before, and every instance of IE8 opens loged in to the same
> account, so, I have to logout from one account and login to another.
> What settings should I change in order to use IE8 like I was using my
> previous versions of IE before?
> Thank you.

VanguardLH

Andy wrote:

> When I was using previous versions of IE with XP and Vista I was making the
> Yahoo email login my start page and opening the IE was taking me to the Yahoo
> email login.
> After loging into one of my Yahoo email accounts I was opening a new
> instance of IE and it was showing the Yahoo email login page again, so, I
> could login to my another email account and switch between the email accounts
> simply by clicking on different open instances of the IE.
> Now, with the IE8 when opened it is already loged in to an account I was
> loged in before, and every instance of IE8 opens loged in to the same
> account, so, I have to logout from one account and login to another.
> What settings should I change in order to use IE8 like I was using my
> previous versions of IE before?
> Thank you.

You have to load a new instance of the web browser to ensure isolation of
sessions IDs between them. Running child browser windows or using tabbed
browsing will result in session ID collisions amongst them. In general,
tabbed browsers do not create new instances of the web browser process to
isolate their session IDs. The session ID collision problem exists in any
web browser that does not load a separate process for each child window or
tab. It is possible to put the session ID in the URL but that is a
potential security hazard.

To have multiple concurrent logins to a web application, load a NEW instance
of the web browser (do not just have an existing instance open another
window or tab). In IE8, use the "File -> New Session" menu, or run
"iexplore.exe -nomerge" at a command prompt or in a shortcut. Also read:

http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...e-and-ie8.aspx
http://www.google.com/search?q=%2B%2...on+%2Bcooki e

The problem noted above involves session ID collisions when using cookies to
identify the sessions. The following regarding the use of an instance-id in
the URL is from Daniel Crichton (with some rephrashing). Rather than use a
session ID in a cookie or in the URL, you could include an "instance id" and
use this to differentiate between the multiple concurrent logins to the same
web application. For example, assume you're using IIS and ASP/ASP.NET
sessions (which uses a known named cookie to identify to the server as to
which session is linked to a server-side object that holds the session
collection information), you would use the instance-id plus the session-id;
however, that requires changing the entire session handling system in your
server code since it has to take into account the inclusion of an
instance-id. For example:

Session("username")

would become:

Session("username_" & instanceid)

where instance-id is the value passed in the URL.

The session ID collisions are a problem for web applications that permit
multiple concurrent connections by the same user. While this may be a
convenience to the user, the server cannot differentiate the sessions unless
a new instance of the web browser is used (that then manages its own session
IDs). Unless a further means is incorporated into the server code to
differentiate between separate but concurrent multiple logins, the server
should not permit multiple concurrent connections from the same IP to the
web application. That is, only one connection per IP address would be
allowed.

Many servers impose a limit (of one) regarding concurrent connections by the
same IP address to eliminate the possibility of session ID collisions or for
security concerns (like spoofing/intercepting a login session). If you open
another tab or child window, the server may assume you simply wanted to use
the same session over there, or it may reject another connection attempt.
For example, some e-mail providers allow a login from only one instance of
an IP address. You cannot login using their webmail interface and also poll
the same account using a local e-mail client while doing both from the same
host.
Andy

RE: How to stop IE8 too automatically login into my email?
I know that opening another tab in the same instance will end up with
assuming all the logins, I do NOT use tabs, I open a new instance (click on
start IE again).
It's not just a connection between the open instances, even after a reboot
when I open IE it signes in automatically (of course, I do not click Remember
Login at the initial login).
If you have Vista or XP running just try what I described and you'll see
that it works perfectly, but on IE8 in W7 it starts these weird things.
I am sure it is very easy to change somewhere in the settings, I just
can't imagine where, so, if you can think of where please let me know.
Thank you.
Andy

Re: How to stop IE8 too automatically login into my email?
Yes, just like the link you provided, but in it I have to click the New
Session, and in the previous versions IE was working like that by default,
so, I was wondering if there is a way to adjust the settings to make IE8 work
like the previous versions of IE.
Thank you

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> IE File | New session
>
> Session Cookies, sessionStorage, and IE8 or “How can I log into two webmail
> accounts at the same time?”
> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...e-and-ie8.aspx
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Andy wrote:
> > When I was using previous versions of IE with XP and Vista I was making
> > the
> > Yahoo email login my start page and opening the IE was taking me to the
> > Yahoo email login.
> > After loging into one of my Yahoo email accounts I was opening a new
> > instance of IE and it was showing the Yahoo email login page again, so, I
> > could login to my another email account and switch between the email
> > accounts simply by clicking on different open instances of the IE.
> > Now, with the IE8 when opened it is already loged in to an account I was
> > loged in before, and every instance of IE8 opens loged in to the same
> > account, so, I have to logout from one account and login to another.
> > What settings should I change in order to use IE8 like I was using my
> > previous versions of IE before?
> > Thank you.

> .

Re: How to stop IE8 too automatically login into my email?
The functionality was introduced in IE8 as a security measure, Andy.

Andy wrote:
> Yes, just like the link you provided, but in it I have to click the New
> Session, and in the previous versions IE was working like that by default,
> so, I was wondering if there is a way to adjust the settings to make IE8
> work like the previous versions of IE.
> Thank you
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>
>> IE File | New session
>>
>> Session Cookies, sessionStorage, and IE8 or “How can I log into two
>> webmail
>> accounts at the same time?”
>> http://blogs.msdn.com/ie/archive/200...e-and-ie8.aspx
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> Andy wrote:
>>> When I was using previous versions of IE with XP and Vista I was making
>>> the
>>> Yahoo email login my start page and opening the IE was taking me to the
>>> Yahoo email login.
>>> After loging into one of my Yahoo email accounts I was opening a new
>>> instance of IE and it was showing the Yahoo email login page again, so,
>>> could login to my another email account and switch between the email
>>> accounts simply by clicking on different open instances of the IE.
>>> Now, with the IE8 when opened it is already loged in to an account I
>>> was
>>> loged in before, and every instance of IE8 opens loged in to the same
>>> account, so, I have to logout from one account and login to another.
>>> What settings should I change in order to use IE8 like I was using my
>>> previous versions of IE before?
>>> Thank you.

>> .

rob^_^

Re: How to stop IE8 too automatically login into my email?
Answered at

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/For...1-1d71a18afe1f

Andy... we are volunteers here... for our time and effort I would expect
that you would make a generous donation to a charity of your choice.

As a last resort, and all my other suggestions for you fail to give you
satisfaction I would suggest that you try a SMPT mail application (like
Outlook or Thunderbird) to access your YAHOO mail inboxes and leave your web
browser for surfing and nothing else. This in fact should have been the
first solution that should have been offered to you.

You should contact Yahoo's Answers forum.. answers.yahoo.com for
instructions on setting up your mail client to access their mail services...
as I said we are not Microsoft employees, we are not Yahoo employees. It is
Yahoo's web mail services you are trying to access. We volunteer to support
MSIE, not mail.yahoo.com

Regards.
> I know that opening another tab in the same instance will end up with
> assuming all the logins, I do NOT use tabs, I open a new instance (click
> on
> start IE again).
> It's not just a connection between the open instances, even after a reboot
> when I open IE it signes in automatically (of course, I do not click
> Remember
> Login at the initial login).
> If you have Vista or XP running just try what I described and you'll see
> that it works perfectly, but on IE8 in W7 it starts these weird things.
> I am sure it is very easy to change somewhere in the settings, I just
> can't imagine where, so, if you can think of where please let me know.
> Thank you.

Andy

RE: How to stop IE8 too automatically login into my email?
Folks, I am sorry about being not clear about what I am asking, but I should
have simply asked: how to make the browser not to login to a mail
automatically? That's it!
Never mind that the second or third instance is being loged in, the FIRST
open instance is loged in, that's the point! Even after a reboot. It simply
remembers the login as if I clicked at the mail's login page Remember Login
(which I don't).
It happens only with IE8, all the previous versions of IE show the mail
login page. The IE8 shows inside email right away, simply passing the ;ogin
page alltogether.
So, I believe somewhere in the settings should be an option to act or not
to act on the saved cookies (or something like that).
Thank you.
VanguardLH

Andy wrote:

> Folks, I am sorry about being not clear about what I am asking, but I should
> have simply asked: how to make the browser not to login to a mail
> automatically? That's it!
> Never mind that the second or third instance is being loged in, the FIRST
> open instance is loged in, that's the point! Even after a reboot. It simply
> remembers the login as if I clicked at the mail's login page Remember Login
> (which I don't).
> It happens only with IE8, all the previous versions of IE show the mail
> login page. The IE8 shows inside email right away, simply passing the ;ogin
> page alltogether.
> So, I believe somewhere in the settings should be an option to act or not
> to act on the saved cookies (or something like that).
> Thank you.

Then the problem is probably that you configured IE8 to delete your history
(which can include cookies, if selected) but left the Preserve option
enabled.

Internet Options -> General tab -> Browsing history section

Is the "Delete browsing history on exit" option enabled?

Click on the Settings button. What are the options there that are enabled?
If you have IE8 delete cookies then it will delete them when you exit IE8;
however ...

If you have the Preserve option enabled, the history deletes (for whatever
categories you enabled, like cookies) will NOT be applied to domains that
are in your Favorites list. That is, browsing history for sites in your
Favorites list will not be deleted if the Preserve option is enabled. Look
at the descriptive text under the Preserve option.

So if you have Yahoo listed in your Favorites, and if you have the Preserve
option enabled, then cookies for your favorite site (Yahoo) will not get
deleted when you exit IE8. So it's up to you if you want to keep cookies
and TIF files for your favorites sites around after you exit IE8.