IE page size

Drew

IE page size
I am using Windows XP with IE8. When I open IE, the page is a reduced size.
I have to enlarge it to full size manually.

Is there a way to make it open in the full window?

Thanks

Bruce Hagen

Re: IE page size

"Drew" <drew@home.net> wrote in message
>I am using Windows XP with IE8. When I open IE, the page is a reduced
>size. I have to enlarge it to full size manually.
>
> Is there a way to make it open in the full window?
>
> Thanks

Whichever shortcut you are using to launch the window, right click it and
select properties. Under the 'Run' drop-down, choose "Maximized".

If the window still opens small, try this next:

Grab the corners of the window and drag it to full screen size. Do not use
Maximize. Close all other windows first and this one last. Windows will
remember the *last* screen size used the next time you open the program.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

Drew

Re: IE page size

"Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message

> "Drew" <drew@home.net> wrote in message
>>I am using Windows XP with IE8. When I open IE, the page is a reduced
>>size. I have to enlarge it to full size manually.
>>
>> Is there a way to make it open in the full window?
>>
>> Thanks
>>

> Whichever shortcut you are using to launch the window, right click it and
> select properties. Under the 'Run' drop-down, choose "Maximized".
>
> If the window still opens small, try this next:
>
> Grab the corners of the window and drag it to full screen size. Do not use
> Maximize. Close all other windows first and this one last. Windows will
> remember the *last* screen size used the next time you open the program.
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP [Mail]
> Imperial Beach, CA

Thanks for the reply. I only have the "run" option on the single click icon
in the quick launch area for IE. My shortcuts on the desktop, such as
"Fidelity" or even IE, do not have a place where I can select "Maximize".

Also, draging the window to full screen size does not work. IE doesn't
remember.

Other ideas?

Drew

> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> "Drew" <drew@home.net> wrote in message
>>>I am using Windows XP with IE8. When I open IE, the page is a reduced
>>>size. I have to enlarge it to full size manually.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to make it open in the full window?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> Whichever shortcut you are using to launch the window, right click it
>> and select properties. Under the 'Run' drop-down, choose "Maximized".
>>
>> If the window still opens small, try this next:
>>
>> Grab the corners of the window and drag it to full screen size. Do not
>> use Maximize. Close all other windows first and this one last. Windows
>> will remember the *last* screen size used the next time you open the
>> program.
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP [Mail]
>> Imperial Beach, CA
>>

> Thanks for the reply. I only have the "run" option on the single click
> icon in the quick launch area for IE. My shortcuts on the desktop, such
> as "Fidelity" or even IE, do not have a place where I can select
> "Maximize".
>
> Also, draging the window to full screen size does not work. IE doesn't
> remember.
>
> Other ideas?
>
> Drew

Did you set it to maximize on the Quick Launch icon? Then send a copy of
that to the Desktop as a shortcut?

After you stretched the IE window, was it the only window open and the
last to be closed?

The above should have worked, but when all else fails:

IE New Window Maximizer 2.4.0.1
http://www.majorgeeks.com/IE_New_Win...zer_d1746.html

> "Drew" <drew@home.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Drew" <drew@home.net> wrote in message

>>> Whichever shortcut you are using to launch the window, right click it
>>> and select properties. Under the 'Run' drop-down, choose "Maximized".
>>>
>>> If the window still opens small, try this next:
>>>
>>> Grab the corners of the window and drag it to full screen size. Do not
>>> use Maximize. Close all other windows first and this one last. Windows
>>> will remember the *last* screen size used the next time you open the
>>> program.
>>> --
>>> Bruce Hagen
>>> MS-MVP [Mail]
>>> Imperial Beach, CA
>>>

>> Thanks for the reply. I only have the "run" option on the single click
>> icon in the quick launch area for IE. My shortcuts on the desktop, such
>> as "Fidelity" or even IE, do not have a place where I can select
>> "Maximize".
>>
>> Also, draging the window to full screen size does not work. IE doesn't
>> remember.
>>
>> Other ideas?
>>
>> Drew

> Did you set it to maximize on the Quick Launch icon? Then send a copy of
> that to the Desktop as a shortcut?
>
> After you stretched the IE window, was it the only window open and the
> last to be closed?
>
> The above should have worked, but when all else fails:
>
> IE New Window Maximizer 2.4.0.1
> http://www.majorgeeks.com/IE_New_Win...zer_d1746.html
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP [Mail]
> Imperial Beach, CA

Thanks!

Jeff Strickland

Re: IE page size

"Drew" <drew@home.net> wrote in message
>I am using Windows XP with IE8. When I open IE, the page is a reduced
>size. I have to enlarge it to full size manually.
>
> Is there a way to make it open in the full window?
>
> Thanks

Right Click the icon and choose Properties, then select Maximized from the
Run: dropdown box. This works for any Windows application.

The options in the Run: dropdown are Minimized, Maximized, and Normal
Window.

Jeff Strickland

Re: IE page size

"Drew" <drew@home.net> wrote in message

> "Bruce Hagen" <BRH@nospam.invalid> wrote in message
>>
>> "Drew" <drew@home.net> wrote in message
>>>I am using Windows XP with IE8. When I open IE, the page is a reduced
>>>size. I have to enlarge it to full size manually.
>>>
>>> Is there a way to make it open in the full window?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>>

>> Whichever shortcut you are using to launch the window, right click it and
>> select properties. Under the 'Run' drop-down, choose "Maximized".
>>
>> If the window still opens small, try this next:
>>
>> Grab the corners of the window and drag it to full screen size. Do not
>> use Maximize. Close all other windows first and this one last. Windows
>> will remember the *last* screen size used the next time you open the
>> program.
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP [Mail]
>> Imperial Beach, CA
>>

> Thanks for the reply. I only have the "run" option on the single click
> icon in the quick launch area for IE. My shortcuts on the desktop, such
> as "Fidelity" or even IE, do not have a place where I can select
> "Maximize".
>
> Also, draging the window to full screen size does not work. IE doesn't
> remember.
>
> Other ideas?
>
> Drew

You are not Right Clicking the icon, then choose Properties, as you were
instructed to do.

Robert Aldwinckle

> Thanks for the reply. I only have the "run" option on the single click
> icon in the quick launch area for IE. My shortcuts on the desktop, such
> as "Fidelity" or even IE, do not have a place where I can select
> "Maximize".

Sounds like you are looking at Internet Shortcuts (aka .URL files).
You would need to convert those to Desktop Shortcuts (aka .LNK files).
Then you could do what is being suggested.

> Also, draging the window to full screen size does not work. IE doesn't
> remember.

In most cases it does if you do it right.

> Other ideas?

Press F11.