IE8 corrupted on one user account OK on other user accounts

Vinay Nagrik

IE8 corrupted on one user account OK on other user accounts
Dear group,

I was using IE8.0.x on Windows XP and I got a message asking me to
download IE optimized for Yahoo. At that time I was using the account
as a limited user. Thus the installation started, but could not
finish the installation. In between it asked me to log on as an
administrator.

By the time I could log on and reinstall the IE the damaged was done,
the IE got corrupted. The new pages come very small centered in the
middle of the browser.

I was able to install the optimized version for Yahoo as an
administrator. The IE is working find for other user accounts, admin
accounts and there is no problem.

However for the vnagrik (only one single account, for which the
installation finished in the middle), it is corrupted.

Please tell me how to repair this corrupted IE with the help of other
non-corrupted IEs.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

nagrik

Re: IE8 corrupted on one user account OK on other user accounts
Try CTRL+0 [zero on numeric keypad] before doing anything else.

If the IE window is (too) small...

Close all but one (1) of these smaller windows. "Grab" the corners of the
remaining window with your cursor and "stretch" it to the desired size but
do NOT maximize it! Now close the resized window.

The resized window MUST be the last window closed in order for its size to
be remembered.

Or you can install IE New Window Maximizer and forget about it!
http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/