error in applying settings from ie 7 http://runonce.msn.com/runonc

GS

error in applying settings from ie 7 http://runonce.msn.com/runonc
I got page error from applying settings after starting Ie7. of course I get
this error each time I bring up ie7

line: 35\char: 5
Error Object doesn't support this property or method
Code: 0

OS: xp media center edtion sp2: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
xpsp_sp2_gdr.091208-2028
with phiscal RAm avail to Windows as 3,405,504 KB on core 2 dual

Re: error in applying settings from ie 7 http://runonce.msn.com/runonc

it)?

Why hasn't WinXP SP3 been installed by now?

Note: Extended Support for WinXP (x86) SP2 ends on 13 July 2010. After that
date, computers running WinXP (x86) SP2 will NOT be offered any further
critical security updates, Automatic Updates will not work, and Windows
Update website will not be accessible until SP3 is installed.

What does it mean if my version of Windows is no longer supported?:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...f-support-mean

GS wrote:
> I got page error from applying settings after starting Ie7. of course I
> get
> this error each time I bring up ie7
>
> line: 35\char: 5
> Error Object doesn't support this property or method
> Code: 0
>
> OS: xp media center edtion sp2: Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
> xpsp_sp2_gdr.091208-2028
> with phiscal RAm avail to Windows as 3,405,504 KB on core 2 dual

MSDN newsgroup

Re: error in applying settings from ie 7 http://runonce.msn.com/runonc
first this is someone's PC I am using while on vacation
2nd, they have fairly large number of adobe, cannon and other photographic
software plus, scanners, a bunch of other devices brought long before xp.
Hence they are reluctant to install SP3 until they know the devices and
software are supported under xp.

I just got them updated most of the adobe software and waiting for them to
finish testing

> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these
> applications running in the background when you installed IE7?

telus security service

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> bought it)?

dont know as this is home PC I am visiting and they don't keep records
they may have used norton in the past but not sure they used it on this PC
> Why hasn't WinXP SP3 been installed by now?

(actually on the XP PCs I manage at work, I was able to install and
customize ie7 from sp2 and fully enabled symantec endpoint security w/o
problem)

> Note: Extended Support for WinXP (x86) SP2 ends on 13 July 2010. After
> that date, computers running WinXP (x86) SP2 will NOT be offered any
> further critical security updates, Automatic Updates will not work, and
> Windows Update website will not be accessible until SP3 is installed.
>
> What does it mean if my version of Windows is no longer supported?:
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...f-support-mean
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Re: error in applying settings from ie 7 http://runonce.msn.com/runonc
Who are you and what have you done with the OP?

MSDN newsgroup wrote:
> first this is someone's PC I am using while on vacation
> 2nd, they have fairly large number of adobe, cannon and other photographic
> software plus, scanners, a bunch of other devices brought long before xp.
> Hence they are reluctant to install SP3 until they know the devices and
> software are supported under xp.
>
> I just got them updated most of the adobe software and waiting for them to
> finish testing

>> applications running in the background when you installed IE7?

> telus security service

>> bought it)?

> dont know as this is home PC I am visiting and they don't keep records
> they may have used norton in the past but not sure they used it on this PC
>> Why hasn't WinXP SP3 been installed by now?

> (actually on the XP PCs I manage at work, I was able to install and
> customize ie7 from sp2 and fully enabled symantec endpoint security w/o
> problem)
>>
>> Note: Extended Support for WinXP (x86) SP2 ends on 13 July 2010. After
>> that date, computers running WinXP (x86) SP2 will NOT be offered any
>> further critical security updates, Automatic Updates will not work, and
>> Windows Update website will not be accessible until SP3 is installed.
>>
>> What does it mean if my version of Windows is no longer supported?:
>> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...f-support-mean
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

GS

Re: error in applying settings from ie 7 http://runonce.msn.com/runonc
oops.

I am GS the original OP was from me and Iwas was using a different guest PC
in the 2nd post but forgetting setting up my nickname.
sorry about that.

thx for replying.

Anyways, I got the Ie7 to save my settings in my brother-in-law's PC today
while still in SP2. however that happened only after some more security
updates last night

They have choosen chrome as the default primary browser on their systems. so
naturally the 2nd part of save my setting to create my own search provider
or chossing search providers leads to error. I got around with a copy of
searchUrl.reg file for my user ID I keep in my email

that file only change Internet explorer searchUrl for current user, so
please don't shoot me

They will likely re-install the PC around July either with Xp sp3, hopefully
in June.