Windows Internet Explorer Error Message - In Sharepoint 3.0

Danny Eldridge

Windows Internet Explorer Error Message - In Sharepoint 3.0
We are getting a spuratic error when in Internet Explorer using Sharepoint
3.0 Datasheets.

When we try to edit any text field the datasheet we get the following error:
"Edit Control creation has failed. You cannot edit cells"

This is a new error and is very spuratic, if I reboot PC we can make it work
but then if we go to edit the datasheet again later we get the error on all
datasheets. Then we reboot.

The operating system is Windows 7, Office 2007 Professional, Internet
Explorer 8.0.76

We have checked all the internet security settings, office settings but
still cannot determine why it keeps occurring. Not sure if it is a seeting in
SharePoint or not.

Hope some one can please advise.
rob^_^

Re: Windows Internet Explorer Error Message - In Sharepoint 3.0
Hi,

Sharepoint is a web based application. Its your sharepoint server software.
Is it up-to date with service packs from MS?. You could try the sharepoint
newsgroup.

Regards.

"Danny Eldridge" <Danny Eldridge@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We are getting a spuratic error when in Internet Explorer using Sharepoint
> 3.0 Datasheets.
>
> When we try to edit any text field the datasheet we get the following
> error:
> "Edit Control creation has failed. You cannot edit cells"
>
> This is a new error and is very spuratic, if I reboot PC we can make it
> work
> but then if we go to edit the datasheet again later we get the error on
> all
> datasheets. Then we reboot.
>
> The operating system is Windows 7, Office 2007 Professional, Internet
> Explorer 8.0.76
>
> We have checked all the internet security settings, office settings but
> still cannot determine why it keeps occurring. Not sure if it is a seeting
> in
> SharePoint or not.
>
> Hope some one can please advise.

Edgar

RE: Windows Internet Explorer Error Message - In Sharepoint 3.0
I started experiencing the same error since yesterday. I am trying to edit
a list on my Sharepoint site and I get the error "Edit Control Creation has
failed. You cannot edit cells." I thought maybe someone else was working on
the list but that is not the case. I have a shared Sharepoint hosted service
(3.0) and I access the site using Internet Explorer 8. I apply all patch
updates from Microsoft as they come out.

Edgar

"Danny Eldridge" wrote:

> We are getting a spuratic error when in Internet Explorer using Sharepoint
> 3.0 Datasheets.
>
> When we try to edit any text field the datasheet we get the following error:
> "Edit Control creation has failed. You cannot edit cells"
>
> This is a new error and is very spuratic, if I reboot PC we can make it work
> but then if we go to edit the datasheet again later we get the error on all
> datasheets. Then we reboot.
>
> The operating system is Windows 7, Office 2007 Professional, Internet
> Explorer 8.0.76
>
> We have checked all the internet security settings, office settings but
> still cannot determine why it keeps occurring. Not sure if it is a seeting in
> SharePoint or not.
>
> Hope some one can please advise.

Robert Aldwinckle

"Edgar" <Edgar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I started experiencing the same error since yesterday. I am trying to
> edit
> a list on my Sharepoint site and I get the error "Edit Control Creation
> has
> failed. You cannot edit cells." I thought maybe someone else was working
> on
> the list but that is not the case. I have a shared Sharepoint hosted
> service
> (3.0) and I access the site using Internet Explorer 8. I apply all patch
> updates from Microsoft as they come out.

Sounds like you have an ActiveX control to find and reinstall or at least
one which needs to be re-enabled. As Rob indicated you would probably get
more informed help for this in a newsgroup which used it.

Good luck

Robert Aldwinckle
---