Regular logins reset in IE8

Boyd_Rice

Regular logins reset in IE8
IE logs me out on all sites regulary. It can happen any time. Some time I
work for a 3 days and everything is OK, sometimes it could happen next day or
after OS restart.. So this is really annoying and happens on all my 3
different computers with Win7 HP and Pro x86 and x64 even on absolutelly
clean system! There is no any software which can clean temporary internet
files, etc. I can't find reason and now I'm sure this is IE bug. Is there any
workaround?
Leonard Grey

Re: Regular logins reset in IE8
How did you determine that Internet Explorer is the software that logs
you out and not, for example, a third-party application or malware?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Boyd_Rice wrote:
> IE logs me out on all sites regulary. It can happen any time. Some time I
> work for a 3 days and everything is OK, sometimes it could happen next day or
> after OS restart.. So this is really annoying and happens on all my 3
> different computers with Win7 HP and Pro x86 and x64 even on absolutelly
> clean system! There is no any software which can clean temporary internet
> files, etc. I can't find reason and now I'm sure this is IE bug. Is there any
> workaround?

Dan

"Boyd_Rice" <Boyd_Rice@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> IE logs me out on all sites regulary. It can happen any time. Some time I
> work for a 3 days and everything is OK, sometimes it could happen next day
> or
> after OS restart.. So this is really annoying and happens on all my 3
> different computers with Win7 HP and Pro x86 and x64 even on absolutelly
> clean system! There is no any software which can clean temporary internet
> files, etc. I can't find reason and now I'm sure this is IE bug. Is there
> any
> workaround?

Are these sites that use cookies? If so, when you're closing IE to you get
any errors? For instance, do you have to forcibly terminate the IE process
because something has crashed (normally an add-on)? If so, I've had this
frequently with IE8, as far as I can tell there must be some sort of index
to valid cookies and if IE is terminated before this index is updated it
treats any cookies changed compared to the index as "suspect". I think this
is some sort of security feature to prevent cookie injection from running
code.

My only tip if you're seeing the same as I am is to not terminate the IE
processes if at all possible, and avoid using buggy add-ons that lock up the
IE processes.

--
Dan