Intternet Explorer and Internet explorer(64 bits)

doc

Intternet Explorer and Internet explorer(64 bits)
Hi, in my start programs I have IE and IE (64bits). When I click the
Internet Explorer the program starts OK. However, if I click Internet
Explorer (64bits) it starts and immediately a screen comes on wanting to
install "Adobe Flash Player Installer". Question: is this Adobe thing needed
to use IE(64)?
Should I install it?
Thanks.
Doc

Jerry

Re: Intternet Explorer and Internet explorer(64 bits)
There is no 64-bit Adobe Flash Player yet - if you need the Flash Player for
something start the 32-bit version of IE instead.

"doc" <rapadura@nospam.tampabay.rr.com> wrote in message
> Hi, in my start programs I have IE and IE (64bits). When I click the
> Internet Explorer the program starts OK. However, if I click Internet
> Explorer (64bits) it starts and immediately a screen comes on wanting to
> install "Adobe Flash Player Installer". Question: is this Adobe thing
> needed to use IE(64)?
> Should I install it?
> Thanks.
> Doc

Re: Intternet Explorer and Internet explorer(64 bits)
[We meet again!]

See
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...6-a9416d65f981

doc wrote:
> Hi, in my start programs I have IE and IE (64bits). When I click the
> Internet Explorer the program starts OK. However, if I click Internet
> Explorer (64bits) it starts and immediately a screen comes on wanting to
> install "Adobe Flash Player Installer". Question: is this Adobe thing
> needed
> to use IE(64)?
> Should I install it?
> Thanks.
> Doc

VanguardLH

doc wrote:

> Hi, in my start programs I have IE and IE (64bits). When I click the
> Internet Explorer the program starts OK. However, if I click Internet
> Explorer (64bits) it starts and immediately a screen comes on wanting to
> install "Adobe Flash Player Installer".

Only because you chose to use a home page for IE that loads a site that uses
Flash content. Wouldn't happen if you set the home page to "about:blank".

Any site you visit where it uses Flash content but where you don't have the
ActiveX control for Flash installed is going to prompt you to load Flash -
whether you can use it in that web browser or not. Adobe doesn't have an AX
control yet for Flash under 64-bit version of IE so you can't visit sites
that use Flash when using IE 64-bit. Use the 32-bit version of IE where you
can install Adobe's Flash control.
doc

Re: Intternet Explorer and Internet explorer(64 bits)
Indeed! You seem to be all over the place :-).
The screen asking to install Flash Player only comes when I start the IE
(64). Not when I start de IE (32).
That tells me that I already have the 32 Flash Player. If there is no Flash
Player 64 bits why the darn thing keeps coming up.
Anyway, that was only curiosity on my part because everything is working
fine.
I will be reading your posts.
Doc

> [We meet again!]
>
> See
> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...6-a9416d65f981
>
> doc wrote:
>> Hi, in my start programs I have IE and IE (64bits). When I click the
>> Internet Explorer the program starts OK. However, if I click Internet
>> Explorer (64bits) it starts and immediately a screen comes on wanting to
>> install "Adobe Flash Player Installer". Question: is this Adobe thing
>> needed
>> to use IE(64)?
>> Should I install it?
>> Thanks.
>> Doc

Jeff Strickland

> doc wrote:
>
>> Hi, in my start programs I have IE and IE (64bits). When I click the
>> Internet Explorer the program starts OK. However, if I click Internet
>> Explorer (64bits) it starts and immediately a screen comes on wanting to
>> install "Adobe Flash Player Installer".

> Only because you chose to use a home page for IE that loads a site that
> uses
> Flash content. Wouldn't happen if you set the home page to "about:blank".
>
> Any site you visit where it uses Flash content but where you don't have
> the
> ActiveX control for Flash installed is going to prompt you to load Flash -
> whether you can use it in that web browser or not. Adobe doesn't have an
> AX
> control yet for Flash under 64-bit version of IE so you can't visit sites
> that use Flash when using IE 64-bit. Use the 32-bit version of IE where
> you
> can install Adobe's Flash control.

DING DING DING Right answer.

The chosen Homepage has Flash Content that's not supported, and the page is
telling the OP to install Flash ActiveX, which does not exist for 64-bit.

Re: Intternet Explorer and Internet explorer(64 bits)
If you know a page contains or depends upon Flash content (e.g., some online
banking/credit card sites), open an instance of IE8 32-bit to visit the
page. Again, you'll find a lot of (hopefully) useful info & guidance in my
post in this forum thread:

http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...6-a9416d65f981

[So good, they made it a "sticky"!]

doc wrote:
> Indeed! You seem to be all over the place :-).
> The screen asking to install Flash Player only comes when I start the IE
> (64). Not when I start de IE (32).
> That tells me that I already have the 32 Flash Player. If there is no
> Flash
> Player 64 bits why the darn thing keeps coming up.
> Anyway, that was only curiosity on my part because everything is working
> fine.
> I will be reading your posts.
> Doc

>> [We meet again!]
>>
>> See
>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...6-a9416d65f981
>>
>> doc wrote:
>>> Hi, in my start programs I have IE and IE (64bits). When I click the
>>> Internet Explorer the program starts OK. However, if I click Internet
>>> Explorer (64bits) it starts and immediately a screen comes on wanting to
>>> install "Adobe Flash Player Installer". Question: is this Adobe thing
>>> needed
>>> to use IE(64)?
>>> Should I install it?
>>> Thanks.
>>> Doc

Dan

Re: Intternet Explorer and Internet explorer(64 bits)
Is your home page set to one that uses Flash? If so, that's why the message
keeps popping up. Change your home page and it'll go away.

Dan

> Indeed! You seem to be all over the place :-).
> The screen asking to install Flash Player only comes when I start the IE
> (64). Not when I start de IE (32).
> That tells me that I already have the 32 Flash Player. If there is no
> Flash Player 64 bits why the darn thing keeps coming up.
> Anyway, that was only curiosity on my part because everything is working
> fine.
> I will be reading your posts.
> Doc

>> [We meet again!]
>>
>> See
>> http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...6-a9416d65f981
>>
>> doc wrote:
>>> Hi, in my start programs I have IE and IE (64bits). When I click the
>>> Internet Explorer the program starts OK. However, if I click Internet
>>> Explorer (64bits) it starts and immediately a screen comes on wanting to
>>> install "Adobe Flash Player Installer". Question: is this Adobe thing
>>> needed
>>> to use IE(64)?
>>> Should I install it?
>>> Thanks.