IE 8 unstable and wrecks my PC

Duncan146294

IE 8 unstable and wrecks my PC
I know I am wasting my time posting this but I am so frustrated with IE 8. It
does not work and damages PCs - at least it does mine. I have XP SP3 plus all
the latest patches.

Since installing IE 8 - I get hangs, internet stopping, IE 8 refuses to
load, I've followed all the advice, reset it, loaded without plug ins,
restored PC, removed it, re-installed it etc etc. I have come to the
conclusion it is useless, has not been tested and is a liability. I have
resorted to Google Chrome - at least that works but my PC has been so badly
damaged by IE8 I am having to rebuild it from scratch.

'Safe Browsing' - don't make me laugh!
philo

Re: IE 8 unstable and wrecks my PC
Duncan146294 wrote:
> I know I am wasting my time posting this but I am so frustrated with IE 8. It
> does not work and damages PCs - at least it does mine. I have XP SP3 plus all
> the latest patches.
>
> Since installing IE 8 - I get hangs, internet stopping, IE 8 refuses to
> load, I've followed all the advice, reset it, loaded without plug ins,
> restored PC, removed it, re-installed it etc etc. I have come to the
> conclusion it is useless, has not been tested and is a liability. I have
> resorted to Google Chrome - at least that works but my PC has been so badly
> damaged by IE8 I am having to rebuild it from scratch.
>
> 'Safe Browsing' - don't make me laugh!

No need to

just go into the control panel and uninstall IE8

just be sure not to use System Restore
Bogey Man

Re: IE 8 unstable and wrecks my PC
Can you tell us about your computer and the type of internet connection that
you have? Also, what antivirus, anti-malware and firewall are you using? A
listing of the add-ons found under the Tools menu would also be helpful.

"Duncan146294" <Duncan146294@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I know I am wasting my time posting this but I am so frustrated with IE 8.
> It
> does not work and damages PCs - at least it does mine. I have XP SP3 plus
> all
> the latest patches.
>
> Since installing IE 8 - I get hangs, internet stopping, IE 8 refuses to
> load, I've followed all the advice, reset it, loaded without plug ins,
> restored PC, removed it, re-installed it etc etc. I have come to the
> conclusion it is useless, has not been tested and is a liability. I have
> resorted to Google Chrome - at least that works but my PC has been so
> badly
> damaged by IE8 I am having to rebuild it from scratch.
>
> 'Safe Browsing' - don't make me laugh!

Re: IE 8 unstable and wrecks my PC
Chances are you'll never find you way back to see replies to your post
but...

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your

it)?