Problem: IE8 display

AB

Problem: IE8 display
After being away from the computer for a few hours when I invoked IE8
the display was bigger than normal. this is now the case no matter
what web address i go to. Other apps are OK; just IE that's affected.
I rebooted but it didn't change the display.

How can I get the display back to normal size?

Also, I'm not sure if I'm running SP2 or SP3, how can I tell?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,
AB
AB

Re: Problem: IE8 display
Never mind on the IE8 display problem; somehow the font size was
reset to 125%. I made the adjustment to 100% and it's OK now.

AB
On Fri, 05 Mar 2010 18:16:31 -0500, AB <ab@pipeline.com> wrote:

>After being away from the computer for a few hours when I invoked IE8
>the display was bigger than normal. this is now the case no matter
>what web address i go to. Other apps are OK; just IE that's affected.
>I rebooted but it didn't change the display.
>
>How can I get the display back to normal size?
>
>Also, I'm not sure if I'm running SP2 or SP3, how can I tell?
>
>Thanks for the help.
>
>Cheers,
>AB

Re: Problem: IE8 display
CTRL+0 [zero on numeric keypad]

AB wrote:
> After being away from the computer for a few hours when I invoked IE8
> the display was bigger than normal. this is now the case no matter
> what web address i go to. Other apps are OK; just IE that's affected.
> I rebooted but it didn't change the display.
>
> How can I get the display back to normal size?
>
> Also, I'm not sure if I'm running SP2 or SP3, how can I tell?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Cheers,
> AB

Jeff Strickland

Re: Problem: IE8 display

"AB" <ab@pipeline.com> wrote in message
> After being away from the computer for a few hours when I invoked IE8
> the display was bigger than normal. this is now the case no matter
> what web address i go to. Other apps are OK; just IE that's affected.
> I rebooted but it didn't change the display.
>
> How can I get the display back to normal size?
>
> Also, I'm not sure if I'm running SP2 or SP3, how can I tell?
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Cheers,
> AB

Down in the corner by the clock is a Zoom Indicator. You want it set to 100%
from the greater-than 100% setting that's shown now.

AB

Re: Problem: IE8 display
WHat's supposed to happen when I press CTRL+0? Nothing happens.

On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 19:36:43 -0500, "PA Bear [MS MVP]"
<PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote:

>CTRL+0 [zero on numeric keypad]
>
>AB wrote:
>> After being away from the computer for a few hours when I invoked IE8
>> the display was bigger than normal. this is now the case no matter
>> what web address i go to. Other apps are OK; just IE that's affected.
>> I rebooted but it didn't change the display.
>>
>> How can I get the display back to normal size?
>>
>> Also, I'm not sure if I'm running SP2 or SP3, how can I tell?
>>
>> Thanks for the help.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> AB

AB

Re: Problem: IE8 display
On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 18:52:41 -0800, "Jeff Strickland"
<crwlrjeff@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"AB" <ab@pipeline.com> wrote in message
>news:mk33p5tg09jui1s9rmudtlhjdkhv74e644@4ax.com.. .
>> After being away from the computer for a few hours when I invoked IE8
>> the display was bigger than normal. this is now the case no matter
>> what web address i go to. Other apps are OK; just IE that's affected.
>> I rebooted but it didn't change the display.
>>
>> How can I get the display back to normal size?
>>
>> Also, I'm not sure if I'm running SP2 or SP3, how can I tell?
>>
>> Thanks for the help.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> AB

>Down in the corner by the clock is a Zoom Indicator. You want it set to 100%
>from the greater-than 100% setting that's shown now.

Thanks, that's good to know.
Screen displayy is OK now.

Cheers,
AB
Jeff Strickland

Re: Problem: IE8 display
If you have NumLock ON and press CTRL+0, it's supposed to return the Zoom to
100%. If NumLock is OFF, nothing happens.

You have to use the 0 (zero) key on the 10-key pad, the 0 (zero) on the main
part of the keyboard won't do the job.

> WHat's supposed to happen when I press CTRL+0? Nothing happens.
>
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 19:36:43 -0500, "PA Bear [MS MVP]"
> <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>CTRL+0 [zero on numeric keypad]
>>
>>AB wrote:
>>> After being away from the computer for a few hours when I invoked IE8
>>> the display was bigger than normal. this is now the case no matter
>>> what web address i go to. Other apps are OK; just IE that's affected.
>>> I rebooted but it didn't change the display.
>>>
>>> How can I get the display back to normal size?
>>>
>>> Also, I'm not sure if I'm running SP2 or SP3, how can I tell?
>>>
>>> Thanks for the help.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> AB

Re: Problem: IE8 display
If Zoom's already set to 100%, nothing.

AB wrote:
> WHat's supposed to happen when I press CTRL+0? Nothing happens.
>
> On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 19:36:43 -0500, "PA Bear [MS MVP]"
> <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> CTRL+0 [zero on numeric keypad]
>>
>> AB wrote:
>>> After being away from the computer for a few hours when I invoked IE8
>>> the display was bigger than normal. this is now the case no matter
>>> what web address i go to. Other apps are OK; just IE that's affected.
>>> I rebooted but it didn't change the display.
>>>
>>> How can I get the display back to normal size?
>>>
>>> Also, I'm not sure if I'm running SP2 or SP3, how can I tell?
>>>
>>> Thanks for the help.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> AB