IE 7 and pop-ups

kraut

IE 7 and pop-ups

Running IE 7 on Windows XP if that makes a difference.

I have "Turn on pop-up blocker" checked but still occassionaly get
pop-ups such as at http://www.liveatc.net/

After page fully loads I get a pop-ups for "Three thing should never
say to -----------"

Any suggestions on how to REALLY block pop-ups without adding more
complicated progs with a bunch of setting??

TIA

Leonard Grey

Re: IE 7 and pop-ups
1- No pop-up blocker is 100% accurate.
2- A pop-up blocker usually won't (can't) block pop-ups from adware.

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

kraut wrote:

> Running IE 7 on Windows XP if that makes a difference.
>
> I have "Turn on pop-up blocker" checked but still occassionaly get
> pop-ups such as at http://www.liveatc.net/
>
> After page fully loads I get a pop-ups for "Three thing should never
> say to -----------"
>
> Any suggestions on how to REALLY block pop-ups without adding more
> complicated progs with a bunch of setting??
>
> TIA

VanguardLH

Re: IE 7 and pop-ups
kraut wrote:

> Running IE 7 on Windows XP if that makes a difference.
>
> I have "Turn on pop-up blocker" checked but still occassionaly get
> pop-ups such as at http://www.liveatc.net/
>
> After page fully loads I get a pop-ups for "Three thing should never
> say to -----------"
>
> Any suggestions on how to REALLY block pop-ups without adding more
> complicated progs with a bunch of setting??
>
> TIA

That isn't a popup. It is a CSS frame within the page. There is no
separate popup to block. It is code within that web page that display
content that YOU interpret as a popup. If you don't want to see that, you
could always disable scripting in IE but then you'll find content missing or
features lost at lots of sites that you do want. If a site has valid
content that requires scripting, they should test for the lack of it and
display alternate content telling you to enable their scripting. You'll
notice if scripting is disabled that this site never bitches that you don't
see their pseudo-popup.

Bitch to the site owner about their intrusive and rude crap that gets in
your way of *using* their site.
Donald Anadell

Re: IE 7 and pop-ups

"kraut" <NewsGroupsPlease@NewsGroupsPlease.org> wrote in message

> Running IE 7 on Windows XP if that makes a difference.
>
> I have "Turn on pop-up blocker" checked but still occassionaly get
> pop-ups such as at http://www.liveatc.net/
>
> After page fully loads I get a pop-ups for "Three thing should never
> say to -----------"
>
> Any suggestions on how to REALLY block pop-ups without adding more
> complicated progs with a bunch of setting??

You can prevent the popup on that site:
http://www.liveatc.net/

By disabling Active Scripting in the Internet Zone, or

You can place:
http://www.liveatc.net/

In the Restricted sites Zone.

Good luck,