The webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window. Do you wantto close this window"

greg stull

The webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window. Do you wantto close this window"
The webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window. Do you want to close this window"

how to dis-able

JasonCa wrote:

Disable "The webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window
30-Mar-07

How do you disable the dialog box that pops up and says "The webpage you
are viewing is trying to close the window. Do you want to close this
window?" This is on IE7.

On Friday, March 30, 2007 7:28 AM
JasonCa wrote:

Disable "The webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window
How do you disable the dialog box that pops up and says "The webpage you
are viewing is trying to close the window. Do you want to close this
window?" This is on IE7.

On Saturday, March 31, 2007 8:08 AM
Don Varnau wrote:

Hi,Go to Internet Options> Security> (select) Internet Zone> (click)
Hi,
Go to Internet Options> Security> (select) Internet Zone> (click) Default
Level.

Or, Internet Options> Security> (select) Internet Zone> Custom> Scripting>
Active scripting> Enable.

Hope this helps,
Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"JasonCat" <JasonCat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

On Wednesday, April 04, 2007 8:26 AM
JasonCa wrote:

This did not work. Those settings were already set. Any other ideas?
This did not work. Those settings were already set. Any other ideas?

"Don Varnau" wrote:

On Thursday, June 28, 2007 1:14 PM
Xabi wrote:

We are having the same problem in our office.
We are having the same problem in our office. We use our own html
application, and everytime we create a report, a windows appears that "makes
the magic" and then it closes itself. In IE6 there was no problem, but in IE7
it asks everytime if we want to close it.

"JasonCat" wrote:

On Wednesday, May 28, 2008 2:05 AM
Yogesh Tamrakar wrote:

The webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window
Go to Internet Options> Security> (select) Internet Zone> (click) Default
Level.

Or, Internet Options> Security> (select) Internet Zone> Custom> Scripting>
Active scripting> Enable.

This did not work. Those settings were already set. Any other ideas?

On Saturday, November 28, 2009 12:07 PM
R P wrote:

?The web page you are viewing is trying to close the window?
After months of trying I found a quick simple fix (Saturday morning 11/28/09) for this annoying message ?The web page you are viewing is trying to close the window?. It would occur anytime I tried to pay on line with my credit card. I downloaded Google Chrome. It is a web browser. I like is so much I went into Add Remove Programs and deleted IE8.

On Saturday, November 28, 2009 5:47 PM
Leonard Grey wrote:

"I like is so much I went into Add Remove Programs and deleted IE8.
"I like is so much I went into Add Remove Programs and deleted IE8."

(I guess he does not realize that Internet Explorer is part of the
operating system and cannot be removed; the interface can be hidden but
the software itself is still there and fully functional. Then again, for
this one it sounds like 'ignorance is bliss'.)
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

R P wrote:

On Monday, November 30, 2009 1:39 AM
R P wrote:

"The webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window.?
What's your problem? That a lady fixed something you couldn't. The issue wasn't whether or not IE8 could be deleted. The issue was how to stop the annoying message "The webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window.? I have 7 Microsoft Certifications. You didn?t bother to ask me which operating system I was using. IE8 is not a built in part of my OS, egghead! I deleted IE8. Now who's Ignorant ?Leonard??

On Monday, November 30, 2009 2:09 AM
Dynamic Digital Audio Design wrote:

Website you are viewing is trying to close the window
Not very mature Leonard. There?s no reason to bash someone who has such a helpful suggestion. I also downloaded. Google Chrome. It was the answer to my problem with Internet Explorer as well. I had version 7, but the same issue. I couldn?t use my credit card on line either. We all could dispense with the name calling. ~Randal~

On Saturday, December 26, 2009 9:23 AM
Anatolii Ivashyna wrote:

The Solution:

Dr. Dotnetsky's Cool .Net Tips and Tricks No. 26
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-cool-net.aspx
Tom Willett

Re: The webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window. Do you want to close this window"
Did you even bother to read all the replies to this OLD threay you hijacked?

<greg stull> wrote in message news:20103592615gregory.stull.ctr@mda.mil...
: The webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window. Do you want to
close this window"
:
: how to dis-able
:
:
:
: JasonCa wrote:
:
: Disable "The webpage you are viewing is trying to close the window
: 30-Mar-07
:
: How do you disable the dialog box that pops up and says "The webpage you
: are viewing is trying to close the window. Do you want to close this
: window?" This is on IE7.
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
:
: Leonard Grey wrote:
:
: "I like is so much I went into Add Remove Programs and deleted IE8.
: "I like is so much I went into Add Remove Programs and deleted IE8."
:
: (I guess he does not realize that Internet Explorer is part of the
: operating system and cannot be removed; the interface can be hidden but
: the software itself is still there and fully functional. Then again, for
: this one it sounds like 'ignorance is bliss'.)
: ---
: Leonard Grey
: Errare humanum est
:
:
: R P wrote:
:
[...]
: Anatolii Ivashyna wrote:
:
: The Solution:
: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/926693
:
:
: Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
: Dr. Dotnetsky's Cool .Net Tips and Tricks No. 26
:
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-cool-net.aspx

greg stull

web page you are viewing is trying to close
I have read them all and so far none of these old
post are very helpful at all since the old post seem to have no real fixes that actually really have worked for them. I cannot get to the security settings to check these are locked down by administrators.
But even so there are others here that have tried these fixes with no luck in actually resolving the actual issue. If any real fixes you know of please pass them along.

Tom Willett wrote:

Did you even bother to read all the replies to this OLD threay you hijacked?
05-Mar-10

Did you even bother to read all the replies to this OLD threay you hijacked?

close this window"
"makes
IE7
11/28/09) for this annoying message ?The web page you are viewing is trying
to close the window?. It would occur anytime I tried to pay on line with my
credit card. I downloaded Google Chrome. It is a web browser. I like is so
much I went into Add Remove Programs and deleted IE8.

Get Started with SQLite and Visual Studio
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-sqlite-a.aspx
Leonard Grey

Re: web page you are viewing is trying to close
What exactly is your question for the newsgroup?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

greg stull wrote:
> I have read them all and so far none of these old
> post are very helpful at all since the old post seem to have no real fixes that actually really have worked for them. I cannot get to the security settings to check these are locked down by administrators.
> But even so there are others here that have tried these fixes with no luck in actually resolving the actual issue. If any real fixes you know of please pass them along.
>

> Tom Willett wrote:
>
> Did you even bother to read all the replies to this OLD threay you hijacked?
> 05-Mar-10
>
> Did you even bother to read all the replies to this OLD threay you hijacked?
>
> close this window"
> "makes
> IE7
> 11/28/09) for this annoying message ?The web page you are viewing is trying
> to close the window?. It would occur anytime I tried to pay on line with my
> credit card. I downloaded Google Chrome. It is a web browser. I like is so
> much I went into Add Remove Programs and deleted IE8.

> Get Started with SQLite and Visual Studio
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-sqlite-a.aspx

Re: web page you are viewing is trying to close
SEE REPLIES TO YOUR MULTIPLE POSTS IN IE FORUM!!!!

YES, I KNOW I'M SHOUTING!!!!

cf. http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...S/?user=stullg

PA Bear [MS MVP] wrote:
> SEE REPLIES TO YOUR MULTIPLE POSTS IN IE FORUM!!!!
>
> YES, I KNOW I'M SHOUTING!!!!
>

> greg stull wrote:
>> I have read them all and so far none of these old
>> post are very helpful at all since the old post seem to have no real
>> fixes
>> that actually really have worked for them. I cannot get to the security
>> settings to check these are locked down by administrators. But even so
>> there are others here that have tried these fixes with no luck in
>> actually
>> resolving the actual issue. If any real fixes you know of please pass
>> them
>> along.
>>

>> Tom Willett wrote:
>>
>> Did you even bother to read all the replies to this OLD threay you
>> hijacked?
>> 05-Mar-10
>>
>> Did you even bother to read all the replies to this OLD threay you
>> hijacked?
>>
>> close this window"
>> "makes
>> IE7
>> 11/28/09) for this annoying message ?The web page you are viewing is
>> trying
>> to close the window?. It would occur anytime I tried to pay on line with
>> my
>> credit card. I downloaded Google Chrome. It is a web browser. I like is
>> so
>> much I went into Add Remove Programs and deleted IE8.

>> Submitted via EggHeadCafe - Software Developer Portal of Choice
>> Get Started with SQLite and Visual Studio
>> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-sqlite-a.aspx

Jak

RE: web page you are viewing is trying to close
Take a look at this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/926693/en-us .
Not sure if the site you are using MS CRM or not, but this is most likely a
server side issue that must be fixed by them. Even if it's not CRM based, it
can be a similar setup on there website. If you're running IE7 or IE8,
you're going to get that message until they fix it.