IE8, ActiveX, Security, trusted site

Benedictum

IE8, ActiveX, Security, trusted site
I have a web site that I placed on the security option as a trusted site. I
enabled all ActiveX options(download, run, etc) and disabled warnings on
this site. However I have been going into a loop whenever IE8 asks me allow
download. This is very frustrating! I downloaded Firefox and Google Chrome
and had no issues with these browsers other than some private sites not
running on these. I still like IE but now I am having a change of heart.

Re: IE8, ActiveX, Security, trusted site
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) as well as your IE version
when posting in an IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next
reply.

Does the behavior persist if IE is already open to a site in Trust Sites
zone?

Benedictum wrote:
> I have a web site that I placed on the security option as a trusted site.
> enabled all ActiveX options(download, run, etc) and disabled warnings on
> this site. However I have been going into a loop whenever IE8 asks me
> allow
> download. This is very frustrating! I downloaded Firefox and Google Chrome
> and had no issues with these browsers other than some private sites not
> running on these. I still like IE but now I am having a change of heart.

Dan

"Benedictum" <Benedictus@dominusvobis.com> wrote in message
> I have a web site that I placed on the security option as a trusted site.
> I enabled all ActiveX options(download, run, etc) and disabled warnings on
> this site. However I have been going into a loop whenever IE8 asks me
> allow download. This is very frustrating! I downloaded Firefox and Google
> Chrome and had no issues with these browsers other than some private sites
> not running on these. I still like IE but now I am having a change of
> heart.

Are the ActiveX components to be installed loaded from this same site, or do
they come from another site?

--
Dan

Twayne

Re: IE8, ActiveX, Security, trusted site
In news:e6BMW4GvKHA.3536@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
Benedictum <Benedictus@dominusvobis.com> typed:
> I have a web site that I placed on the security option as a
> trusted site. I enabled all ActiveX options(download, run,
> etc) and disabled warnings on this site. However I have
> been going into a loop whenever IE8 asks me allow download.
> This is very frustrating! I downloaded Firefox and Google
> Chrome and had no issues with these browsers other than
> some private sites not running on these. I still like IE
> but now I am having a change of heart.

Soooo, what's your question?
G. R. Woodring

Date: 3/5/2010 9:13 AM, Author: Benedictum Wrote:
> I have a web site that I placed on the security option as a trusted site. I
> enabled all ActiveX options(download, run, etc) and disabled warnings on
> this site. However I have been going into a loop whenever IE8 asks me allow
> download. This is very frustrating! I downloaded Firefox and Google Chrome
> and had no issues with these browsers other than some private sites not
> running on these. I still like IE but now I am having a change of heart.

Firefox does not support ActiveX so...

(a) ActiveX is not required by the site and those settings are thus irrelevant.
or
(b) The site is sending different content when it detects Firefox so you are
comparing apples to oranges.

I'm not sure what you mean by "into a loop" but it may be that the site is
redirecting to a download site that isn't in your trusted zone. You may need to
find the actual download site URL and add it to your trusted sites.

--
G. R. Woodring