Alternative Browsers

bm

Alternative Browsers
At present I use Internet Explorer and I am now being encouraged to try 3
other Browsers.
Has anyone experience of these other Browsers and would they recommend using
one of them as a better alternative
Blair

Gordon

Re: Alternative Browsers

"bm" <Darroch@aol.com> wrote in message
> At present I use Internet Explorer and I am now being encouraged to try 3
> other Browsers.
> Has anyone experience of these other Browsers and would they recommend
> using one of them as a better alternative
> Blair

Depends "what" three others you are looking at! ;-)

Richard

Re: Alternative Browsers

"bm" <Darroch@aol.com> wrote in message
> At present I use Internet Explorer and I am now being encouraged to try 3
> other Browsers.
> Has anyone experience of these other Browsers and would they recommend
> using one of them as a better alternative
> Blair

Tried Opera for a while once but didn't like it, very confusing.

Tried Fire Fox (FF) and that was good. I used that for a long while and
liked the way you could synchronise your bookmarks between FF & IE. Then,
unfortunately, after a FF update that capability became compromised so I
ditched that also. However, if you want to try a different browser to maybe
replace IE then FF was comparable in the IE6 era ......... not in a position
to compare like for like in the IE8 era though.

Richard

D. Kirkpatrick

Re: Alternative Browsers
"bm" <Darroch@aol.com> wrote in

> At present I use Internet Explorer and I am now being encouraged to
> try 3 other Browsers.
> Has anyone experience of these other Browsers and would they
> recommend using one of them as a better alternative
> Blair

Depends on your needs and wants.
Try them fo ra while to see if you like them.

I find FireFox is better at editing on-line web pages such as those at
Google Sites or Weebly. IE8 seems to stall.

Opera is an interesting alternative but I do not need the integrated
mail client so I don't use it.

Safari seems nice but you have to manually clear web caches and history
files. There is no clean on quit as far as I can see though I just
started trying it.

Google Chrome I didn't "get," had issues with it, and summarily deleted
it.

K-Meleon is based on Mozilla so its underlying engine is the same as
that driving ForeFox. Maxthon and a couple of others are just front
ends offering some bells and whistles for the IE engine.

bm

Re: Alternative Browsers

"D. Kirkpatrick" <sunclad@sunclad.com.invalid> wrote in message
> "bm" <Darroch@aol.com> wrote in
>
>> At present I use Internet Explorer and I am now being encouraged to
>> try 3 other Browsers.
>> Has anyone experience of these other Browsers and would they
>> recommend using one of them as a better alternative
>> Blair
>>

> Depends on your needs and wants.
> Try them fo ra while to see if you like them.
>
> I find FireFox is better at editing on-line web pages such as those at
> Google Sites or Weebly. IE8 seems to stall.
>
> Opera is an interesting alternative but I do not need the integrated
> mail client so I don't use it.
>
> Safari seems nice but you have to manually clear web caches and history
> files. There is no clean on quit as far as I can see though I just
> started trying it.
>
> Google Chrome I didn't "get," had issues with it, and summarily deleted
> it.
>
> K-Meleon is based on Mozilla so its underlying engine is the same as
> that driving ForeFox. Maxthon and a couple of others are just front
> ends offering some bells and whistles for the IE engine.

Thanks for your information. Lokks like I will stay with IE
Blair

Frank Williams

Re: Alternative Browsers
On Fri, 5 Mar 2010 08:53:37 -0000, "bm" <Darroch@aol.com> wrote:

>At present I use Internet Explorer and I am now being encouraged to try 3
>other Browsers.
>Has anyone experience of these other Browsers and would they recommend using
>one of them as a better alternative
>Blair

Yes Opera 10.5 beats them all
Twayne

Re: Alternative Browsers
In news:%23oBqcFEvKHA.812@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl,
bm <Darroch@aol.com> typed:
> At present I use Internet Explorer and I am now being
> encouraged to try 3 other Browsers.
> Has anyone experience of these other Browsers and would
> they recommend using one of them as a better alternative
> Blair

Not the three youj're looking at; use the three others that I use instead.
;-]

Newsgroups are great places to get assistance.
But always verify important information with
other sources to be certain you have a clear
understanding of it and that it is accurate.