RE: about 'save as'

otter_totem

RE: about 'save as'
*** DITTO *** - especially since the save as default mht file cannot now be
read or opened by IE8. See other threads about mht files not opening.

I hope MSFT hears my GRRRRRR!!! every time I try to save a page. I am
beginning to think that I may have to use a different browser to get what I
want. It did used to work - MSFT changed it without asking and without my
permission. Thanks.

"travelgirl" wrote:

> i agree. this is totally annoying to have changes made to our default
> settings without the ability to change them back to the way WE want them
>
> "ann-vibeke" wrote:
>
> > Yes I do know that - I just want the second choise to be my first (permanent)
> > choise
> > - as it was in explorer 6 ;-)
> >
> > "USslang" wrote:
> >
> > > When you select "Save as" in file menu then you see the dialog box asking for
> > > a filename. The second drop down menu where you see .mht you can select .htm
> > > or .html format when you click on it.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: about 'save as'

"otter_totem" <otter_totem@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> *** DITTO *** - especially since the save as default mht file cannot now
> be read or opened by IE8. See other threads about mht files not opening.

Don't overgeneralize. There are *some* pages like that. KB articles for
example and a workaround was found for that case--e.g. turn scripting off or
set it to Prompt.

> I hope MSFT hears my GRRRRRR!!! every time I try to save a page. I am
> beginning to think that I may have to use a different browser to get what
> I want. It did used to work - MSFT changed it without asking and without
> my permission. Thanks.

If you have a particular example which is publicly accessible post a link.

FWIW I suspect that the change being discussed was based on statistical
data. E.g. it may have been found that more people saved using .mht than
using the previous default. Personally I appreciate it.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---