Scripting For Active X ???

Scotirish

Scripting For Active X ???
Perhaps someone here can help me with a sign-in problem with the
Linksys/Cisco forum. Recently, I have been unable to sign in, as a pop-up
box says, "Error: Scripting for ActiveX might be disabled." I don't believe
it is disabled and I cannot contact Cisco to find out why I can't sign in to
the forum. If you have a suggestion for correcting this problem I would
certainly appreciated it. Thanks!
Jeff Strickland

Re: Scripting For Active X ???

"Scotirish" <Scotirish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Perhaps someone here can help me with a sign-in problem with the
> Linksys/Cisco forum. Recently, I have been unable to sign in, as a pop-up
> box says, "Error: Scripting for ActiveX might be disabled." I don't
> believe
> it is disabled and I cannot contact Cisco to find out why I can't sign in
> the forum. If you have a suggestion for correcting this problem I would
> certainly appreciated it. Thanks!

What OS and IE are you using?

If you have 64-bit XP, Vista, or Win7, then IE might balk at some to the
script. You need to be using the 32-bit version of IE. START>PROGRAMS, and
scroll to Internet Explorer. Notice thare are two versions, one of them is
shown as "(64-bit)", use the other one.

Scotirish

Re: Scripting For Active X ???
Hello Jeff.
I'm using Windows XP Home Edition, SP3. My IE is 8. Tried your suggest and
it didn't show anything. I should have the 32-bit version, though. Any
other suggestions?

3/5/10 9:35 a.m. EST

"Jeff Strickland" wrote:

> "Scotirish" <Scotirish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Perhaps someone here can help me with a sign-in problem with the
> > Linksys/Cisco forum. Recently, I have been unable to sign in, as a pop-up
> > box says, "Error: Scripting for ActiveX might be disabled." I don't
> > believe
> > it is disabled and I cannot contact Cisco to find out why I can't sign in
> > the forum. If you have a suggestion for correcting this problem I would
> > certainly appreciated it. Thanks!

> What OS and IE are you using?
>
> If you have 64-bit XP, Vista, or Win7, then IE might balk at some to the
> script. You need to be using the 32-bit version of IE. START>PROGRAMS, and
> scroll to Internet Explorer. Notice thare are two versions, one of them is
> shown as "(64-bit)", use the other one.
>

> .

Jeff Strickland

Re: Scripting For Active X ???
XP Home is a 32-bit operating system. It's possible that Cisco is having
trouble on their end. I don't have any suggestions, sorry.

> Hello Jeff.
> I'm using Windows XP Home Edition, SP3. My IE is 8. Tried your suggest
> and
> it didn't show anything. I should have the 32-bit version, though. Any
> other suggestions?
>
> 3/5/10 9:35 a.m. EST
>
> "Jeff Strickland" wrote:
>

>> "Scotirish" <Scotirish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Perhaps someone here can help me with a sign-in problem with the
>> > Linksys/Cisco forum. Recently, I have been unable to sign in, as a
>> > pop-up
>> > box says, "Error: Scripting for ActiveX might be disabled." I don't
>> > believe
>> > it is disabled and I cannot contact Cisco to find out why I can't sign
>> > in
>> > the forum. If you have a suggestion for correcting this problem I
>> > would
>> > certainly appreciated it. Thanks!

>> What OS and IE are you using?
>>
>> If you have 64-bit XP, Vista, or Win7, then IE might balk at some to the
>> script. You need to be using the 32-bit version of IE. START>PROGRAMS,
>> and
>> scroll to Internet Explorer. Notice thare are two versions, one of them
>> is
>> shown as "(64-bit)", use the other one.
>>

>> .

rob^_^

Re: Scripting For Active X ???
Hi Irish Scot(?)

Ensure you are using the recommended default security zone settings in IE8.

Tools>Internet Options - Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default"

If you are still having trouble accessing the site after that AND you
really, really trust the site, add them to your Trusted Sites list under the
Security tab in Internet Options.

Regards.