Trouble with the Favorites function

tommyvin

Trouble with the Favorites function
My favorites function worked till yesterday. When I click the Favorites in
this bar: File Edit Favorites Tools Help, I still get a list of all my
Favorite folders, but when I put the mouse pointer over a folder, all I get
is a blank mini-window.

For example, when I place my mouse pointer over the Medical folder, I used
to get the half dozen sites I placed in this folder. Now I get only a blank
space.

The Favorites function works sometimes though - about 10% of the time. Then
it goes out and I get that blank mini-window after I click on the folder.

There's probably an easy fix for this problem. I hope some guru can give it
to me.
Don Varnau

Re: Trouble with the Favorites function
Hi,
Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- e.g. Windows 7, Vista SP1,
XP SP2 , 32-bit, 64-bit, etc.
Right-click Computer/My Computer> Properties to obtain this information)

Which version of Internet Explorer? (From IE> Help> About)

Did you make a software change yesterday, such as a new security program,
new toolbar or other browser add-on, updates for a security program, updates
for Windows or Internet Explorer?

Are you using the Live toolbar to sync Favorites with a Skydrive account?
- - -
Try this...
Start Internet Explorer without add-ons by right-clicking the IE icon on the
desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
or
from Start> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no
add-ons)
If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.

For troubleshooting information see:

Don
[MS MVP- IE]

"tommyvin" <tommyvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My favorites function worked till yesterday. When I click the Favorites in
> this bar: File Edit Favorites Tools Help, I still get a list of all my
> Favorite folders, but when I put the mouse pointer over a folder, all I

get
> is a blank mini-window.
>
> For example, when I place my mouse pointer over the Medical folder, I used
> to get the half dozen sites I placed in this folder. Now I get only a

blank
> space.
>
> The Favorites function works sometimes though - about 10% of the time.

Then
> it goes out and I get that blank mini-window after I click on the folder.
>
> There's probably an easy fix for this problem. I hope some guru can give

it
> to me.

tommyvin

Re: Trouble with the Favorites function
I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit.

I have IE8, "IE is currently running without add-ons."

I didn't make any software changes.

"Don Varnau" wrote:

> Hi,
> Which version of Windows? (Including SP level- e.g. Windows 7, Vista SP1,
> XP SP2 , 32-bit, 64-bit, etc.
> Right-click Computer/My Computer> Properties to obtain this information)
>
> Which version of Internet Explorer? (From IE> Help> About)
>
> Did you make a software change yesterday, such as a new security program,
> new toolbar or other browser add-on, updates for a security program, updates
> for Windows or Internet Explorer?
>
> Are you using the Live toolbar to sync Favorites with a Skydrive account?
> - - -
> Try this...
> Start Internet Explorer without add-ons by right-clicking the IE icon on the
> desktop. Choose Start without add-ons.
> or
> from Start> Programs> Accessories> System tools> Internet Explorer (no
> add-ons)
> If the problem goes away, you have an incompatible browser add-on installed.
>
> For troubleshooting information see:
> IEBlog Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode:
>

> Don
> [MS MVP- IE]
>

> "tommyvin" <tommyvin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > My favorites function worked till yesterday. When I click the Favorites in
> > this bar: File Edit Favorites Tools Help, I still get a list of all my
> > Favorite folders, but when I put the mouse pointer over a folder, all I

> get
> > is a blank mini-window.
> >
> > For example, when I place my mouse pointer over the Medical folder, I used
> > to get the half dozen sites I placed in this folder. Now I get only a

> blank
> > space.
> >
> > The Favorites function works sometimes though - about 10% of the time.

> Then
> > it goes out and I get that blank mini-window after I click on the folder.
> >
> > There's probably an easy fix for this problem. I hope some guru can give

> it
> > to me.

> .

Re: Trouble with the Favorites function