unable to view videos on web

Varda

unable to view videos on web
Since about a week ago, I have been unable to view videos that are embedded
in web pages. Instead of the video, there is just a white box that has a
little box with colored shapes in the upper left hand corner. Thanks for your
help!
Leonard Grey

Re: unable to view videos on web
Can anyone guess what browser and version Varda has? Or what edition of
Windows she has, with what service pack? Or even the URL of a page where
she can't see the video, and which video on the page she can't see? Or
what happened to her computer "about a week ago" that might have caused
the problem?

Me neither.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Varda wrote:
> Since about a week ago, I have been unable to view videos that are embedded
> in web pages. Instead of the video, there is just a white box that has a
> little box with colored shapes in the upper left hand corner. Thanks for your
> help!

Donald Anadell

"Varda" <Varda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Since about a week ago, I have been unable to view videos that are
> embedded
> in web pages. Instead of the video, there is just a white box that has a
> little box with colored shapes in the upper left hand corner. Thanks for
> your
> help!

As Leonard has already pointed out, your post is woefully lacking in enough
information to do anything but speculate.

You don't specify what Video type(.flv, .wmv, .mov, .ram, ...etc) you are
trying to view in the Browser, and you didn't supply a link to such a video.

Flash Player Video Test:
http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Windows Media Player Video Test:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...ity_demos.aspx

Quicktime Player Video Test:
http://www.apple.com/quicktime/troubleshooting/

RealPlayer Video Test:
http://service.real.com/realplayer/test/

Either tell us which of the above video tests is giving you a problem, or
supply a link to a site that is giving you trouble.

Good luck,

Donald Anadell

D. Kirkpatrick

Re: unable to view videos on web
Leonard Grey <l.grey@invalid.invalid> wrote in

> Can anyone guess what browser and version Varda has? Or what edition
> of Windows she has, with what service pack? Or even the URL of a page
> where she can't see the video, and which video on the page she can't
> see? Or what happened to her computer "about a week ago" that might
> have caused the problem?
>
> Me neither.

ME! ME! ME! ** waves hand frantically in the classroom **

IE6! YouTube no longer supports it!

Yes?

Jeff Strickland

Re: unable to view videos on web

"Varda" <Varda@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Since about a week ago, I have been unable to view videos that are
> embedded
> in web pages. Instead of the video, there is just a white box that has a
> little box with colored shapes in the upper left hand corner. Thanks for
> your
> help!

Assuming Internet Explorer, TOOLS>INTERNET OPTIONS>ADVANCED, scroll down to
Show Image Download Placeholders, and deselect it (uncheck the checkbox).