IE 7 Temporary Internet Files.

Mick

IE 7 Temporary Internet Files.
I would like to set the default amount of disk space used for temporary
internet files for all new user accounts that log on to a PC. How can I do
this?

Re: IE 7 Temporary Internet Files.
Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2) as well as your IE version when posting in an
IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

Does each user have their own Windows User Account/Profile?

Mick wrote:
> I would like to set the default amount of disk space used for temporary
> internet files for all new user accounts that log on to a PC. How can I do
> this?

Mick

Re: IE 7 Temporary Internet Files.
The OS is XP with SP3. Each user will have an active directory account which
creates a profile folder on the PC.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:

> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2;
> Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2) as well as your IE version when posting in an
> IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.
>
> Does each user have their own Windows User Account/Profile?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> Mick wrote:
> > I would like to set the default amount of disk space used for temporary
> > internet files for all new user accounts that log on to a PC. How can I do
> > this?

> .

Robert Aldwinckle

"Mick" <Mick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like to set the default amount of disk space used for temporary
> internet files for all new user accounts that log on to a PC. How can I do
> this?

IE doesn't really enforce a strict limit and tends to be buggy in this
regard anyway. In order to provide what you may be looking for you could
use a third-party tool called CacheSentry. I'm not sure what its current
state is. I used it with IE5 and IE6 only. I will be surprised if it has
been updated to work with the new double TIF in Vista. Otherwise when you
find that the TIF is growing too big you can always just kill the whole
directory either from another administrative level account or from another
partition and IE will start a new TIF the next time that user needs it.
Trying to use the Internet Options UI to control the size of the TIF has
always been problematical; that's why CacheSentry was created and used.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Re: IE 7 Temporary Internet Files.
You could accomplish your objective via IEAK 7 and/or an Admin Template (AKA
Group Policy or GPO).

IEAK 7 (and 8)
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/bb219517.aspx

ADM files for Internet Explorer 7 for Windows:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...5-fcb8264c44b1

Mick wrote:
> The OS is XP with SP3. Each user will have an active directory account
> which
> creates a profile folder on the PC.
>
> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" wrote:
>> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit
>> SP2;
>> Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2) as well as your IE version when posting in
>> an
>> IE-specific forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.
>>
>> Does each user have their own Windows User Account/Profile?
>>
>> Mick wrote:
>>> I would like to set the default amount of disk space used for temporary
>>> internet files for all new user accounts that log on to a PC. How can I
>>> do
>>> this?