Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, hang mod

BoazBoaz

Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, hang mod
My iexplore gets stuck from time to time mostely when opening new tabs.
I'm on Windows XP.

Help me.
Included the error:
Event Type: Error
Event Source: Application Hang
Event Category: (101)
Event ID: 1002
Date: 03/03/2010
Time: 11:36:20
User: N/A
Computer: PASTERNAK-PC
Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, hang module
hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Data:
0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
0008: 69 6f 6e 20 48 61 6e 67 ion Hang
0010: 20 20 69 65 78 70 6c 6f iexplo
0018: 72 65 2e 65 78 65 20 38 re.exe 8
0020: 2e 30 2e 36 30 30 31 2e .0.6001.
0028: 31 38 37 30 32 20 69 6e 18702 in
0030: 20 68 75 6e 67 61 70 70 hungapp
0038: 20 30 2e 30 2e 30 2e 30 0.0.0.0
0040: 20 61 74 20 6f 66 66 73 at offs
0048: 65 74 20 30 30 30 30 30 et 00000
0050: 30 30 30 000

Leonard Grey

Re: Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, hangmod
"Tips For Solving Problems with Internet Explorer"
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ernet-Explorer

---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

BoazBoaz wrote:
> My iexplore gets stuck from time to time mostely when opening new tabs.
> I'm on Windows XP.
>
> Help me.
> Included the error:
> ================================================== ==
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Application Hang
> Event Category: (101)
> Event ID: 1002
> Date: 03/03/2010
> Time: 11:36:20
> User: N/A
> Computer: PASTERNAK-PC
> Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, hang module
> hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

> Data:
> 0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
> 0008: 69 6f 6e 20 48 61 6e 67 ion Hang
> 0010: 20 20 69 65 78 70 6c 6f iexplo
> 0018: 72 65 2e 65 78 65 20 38 re.exe 8
> 0020: 2e 30 2e 36 30 30 31 2e .0.6001.
> 0028: 31 38 37 30 32 20 69 6e 18702 in
> 0030: 20 68 75 6e 67 61 70 70 hungapp
> 0038: 20 30 2e 30 2e 30 2e 30 0.0.0.0
> 0040: 20 61 74 20 6f 66 66 73 at offs
> 0048: 65 74 20 30 30 30 30 30 et 00000
> 0050: 30 30 30 000
>
> ================================================== ==

Peter Cox ~ 107641

Re: Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, hang mod
I too have this issue, and have had it for months as it gets progressively
worse. 5 hangs so far today and 8 yesterday.
The real pain is that when you terminate the hung IE window it terminates
every instance of IE that is on the machine. Same version of IE and XP with
latest patches.As an alternative may be somebody could tell me how to remove
IEEE, and all plugging and Adonis and I'll start again. Perhaps that would
re-enable all the functionality that has gradually been disappearing as IE
got worse and worse - There is no longer any way to use my IE with ebay as
search functions don't work properly, paging doesn't work, unable to leave
feedback, bits of pages don't appear etc. etc. I tend to believe that most
of these errors are Java script errors but wonder why the pages work OK with
Chrome.

--
Peter 107641
Win7 Ultimate Edition
"BoazBoaz" <BoazBoaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My iexplore gets stuck from time to time mostely when opening new tabs.
> I'm on Windows XP.
>
> Help me.
> Included the error:
> ================================================== ==
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Application Hang
> Event Category: (101)
> Event ID: 1002
> Date: 03/03/2010
> Time: 11:36:20
> User: N/A
> Computer: PASTERNAK-PC
> Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, hang module
> hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

> Data:
> 0000: 41 70 70 6c 69 63 61 74 Applicat
> 0008: 69 6f 6e 20 48 61 6e 67 ion Hang
> 0010: 20 20 69 65 78 70 6c 6f iexplo
> 0018: 72 65 2e 65 78 65 20 38 re.exe 8
> 0020: 2e 30 2e 36 30 30 31 2e .0.6001.
> 0028: 31 38 37 30 32 20 69 6e 18702 in
> 0030: 20 68 75 6e 67 61 70 70 hungapp
> 0038: 20 30 2e 30 2e 30 2e 30 0.0.0.0
> 0040: 20 61 74 20 6f 66 66 73 at offs
> 0048: 65 74 20 30 30 30 30 30 et 00000
> 0050: 30 30 30 000
>
> ================================================== ==

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, hang mod

"BoazBoaz" <BoazBoaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My iexplore gets stuck from time to time mostely when opening new tabs.
> I'm on Windows XP.
>
> Help me.

Next time this happens instead of killing IE try looking at what it is doing
using either Task Manager (TM) or Process Explorer (procexp). Also, try to
find out if you can start other IE tasks, e.g. Run... (press Win-R and
enter

iexplore.exe -nohome -extoff

That should ensure that you get a new PID so it is not opening a new IE
window under the existing "hung" task.

Another diagnostic area to look at is the state of your Internet connection.
You could do that with netstat /abnop TCP (in a cmd window) or TCPView.
And of course if your Internet connection goes down completely you could
check on that with ipconfig /all, nslookup, or ping -n 1 etc.

Finally, how long are you waiting? If TM shows that the "hung"
iexplore.exe task may actually be doing something try waiting for it to
finish. You can change its priority if necessary to make the rest of your
system usable.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---

Re: Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, hang mod
Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2)
as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or
newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your

it)?

BoazBoaz wrote:
> My iexplore gets stuck from time to time mostely when opening new tabs.
> I'm on Windows XP.
>
> Help me.
> Included the error:
> ================================================== ==
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Application Hang
> Event Category: (101)
> Event ID: 1002
> Date: 03/03/2010
> Time: 11:36:20
> User: N/A
> Computer: PASTERNAK-PC
> Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, hang module
> hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Peter Cox ~ 107641

Re: Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, hang mod
Am running 32bit XP SP3 patches current to last Tuesday
IE 8 v8.0.6001.18702IC Update versions 0
Machine is an Intel D930 with 4gb ram
Network is gigabit gatewayed thru a dlink dir-655 to a Westell 9100EM to
Fios 25/25
Symantec AV corporate edition program 8.1.1.366 scan engine 4.2.0.8 virus
defs 3/4/2010 rev 5

I started IE from the quick launch bar. I started it once.
However task manager shows 2 not responding under applications and 2 running
under processes.
I can successfully open a new IE browser normally
There is nothing wrong with my internet connection as all other internet
activity works fine but anyway issued the netstat command
Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]
(C) Copyright 1985-2001 Microsoft Corp.

C:\Documents and Settings\Peter>netstat /abnop TCP

Active Connections

Proto Local Address Foreign Address State PID
TCP 0.0.0.0:21 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 2016
[FileZilla Server.exe]

TCP 0.0.0.0:25 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 444
[inetinfo.exe]

TCP 0.0.0.0:80 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 444
[inetinfo.exe]

TCP 0.0.0.0:135 0.0.0.0:0 LISTENING 1360

--

I typically wait for hours until I don't need any of the browser windows
contents as they will all close when I terminate the hung one. This can be
as long as 36 hours!!!!
I get the message, your last session terminated abnormally do you want to go
to home page or restore last session, after restarting following terminating
a hung browser. If I select restore last session al the sessions will
restart though typically the hung session hangs again.
The system is perfectly usable while the hung browser window is there.
If I open new browser windows typically they are OK but sometimes another
will get hung too, I just ignore it and start another one.
Starting IE with no addons. I just tried that and got up to 30 before I
decided that I probably would not get a hang.
I know the issue is to do with Addons but I don't know which one. I would
like to delete them all and start again
Am also intrigued why I see 2 instances start but assume that 1 may be for
the second tab on the browser window??
Starting normally takes between 5 and 8 seconds to get to the home page.
Starting with no addons is less than a second.
Starting with no addons doesn't clear the Ebay issues, I believe they are
something to do with the errors on page that I see
Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0;
GTB0.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.04506.30; .NET
CLR 3.0.04506.648; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729;
OfficeLiveConnector.1.3; OfficeLivePatch.0.0; InfoPath.2; MSN Optimized;US)
Timestamp: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 12:46:55 UTC

Message: 'vjo' is undefined
Line: 1
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...TRK:MEWNX:L F

Message: 'vjo' is undefined
Line: 10
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...TRK:MEWNX:L F

Message: 'vjo' is undefined
Line: 16
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...TRK:MEWNX:L F

Message: 'vjo' is undefined
Line: 16
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...TRK:MEWNX:L F

Message: 'vjo' is undefined
Line: 23
Char: 13
Code: 0
URI:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...TRK:MEWNX:L F

Message: 'vjo' is undefined
Line: 33
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...TRK:MEWNX:L F

Message: 'vjo' is undefined
Line: 43
Char: 1
Code: 0
URI:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...TRK:MEWNX:L F

Much appreciate any help as I actually do prefer the IE experience to Chrome
but cannot be bothered with the way it works anymore

Peter

Peter 107641
Win7 Ultimate Edition
Std Server 2003

> "BoazBoaz" <BoazBoaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> My iexplore gets stuck from time to time mostely when opening new tabs.
>> I'm on Windows XP.
>>
>> Help me.

> Next time this happens instead of killing IE try looking at what it is
> doing
> using either Task Manager (TM) or Process Explorer (procexp). Also, try
> find out if you can start other IE tasks, e.g. Run... (press Win-R and
> enter
>
> iexplore.exe -nohome -extoff
>
> That should ensure that you get a new PID so it is not opening a new IE
> window under the existing "hung" task.
>
> Another diagnostic area to look at is the state of your Internet
> connection.
> You could do that with netstat /abnop TCP (in a cmd window) or TCPView.
> And of course if your Internet connection goes down completely you could
> check on that with ipconfig /all, nslookup, or ping -n 1 etc.
>
> Finally, how long are you waiting? If TM shows that the "hung"
> iexplore.exe task may actually be doing something try waiting for it to
> finish. You can change its priority if necessary to make the rest of
> your
> system usable.
>

> HTH
>
> Robert Aldwinckle
> ---

Peter Cox ~ 107641

Re: Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, hang mod
Question 2
Running Reset IE advanced settings has cleared the hanging problem.
Still have the Ebay issues but as my othre post to Robert stated, I think
that is a java issue.

Thanks VM Peter

--
Peter 107641
Win7 Ultimate Edition
> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2)
> as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or
> newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.
>
> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

> Explorer (No add-ons).
>
> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7
> & IE8 in all OSS]

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>
> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these
> applications running in the background when you installed IE8?
>
> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
> it)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> BoazBoaz wrote:
>> My iexplore gets stuck from time to time mostely when opening new tabs.
>> I'm on Windows XP.
>>
>> Help me.
>> Included the error:
>> ================================================== ==
>> Event Type: Error
>> Event Source: Application Hang
>> Event Category: (101)
>> Event ID: 1002
>> Date: 03/03/2010
>> Time: 11:36:20
>> User: N/A
>> Computer: PASTERNAK-PC
>> Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, hang module
>> hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Peter Cox ~ 107641

Re: Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, hang mod
Though now I don't appear to be able to download files IE.
Wanted to reinstall the Google toolbar addon. Went to google ad got to the
file downlaod but nothing would come down. Finally downloaded on another
machine and installed it off of there.
Got a spybot warning when the installer ran saing 2Search. Believe this is
false unless it was something in the google toolbar install itself. There
are a couple of traces in the registry for 2search but I don't believe it's
on the machine as I can find none of the modules nor any of the documented
registry entries. ran a full spybot scan anyway and it found nothing. The
attempted to dowlnoad LavaSoft Adaware and again found I couldn't so again
donloaded on another machine and installed from there. It's been running
for an hour and does say it found 2 object but I don't know what they are
yet.
Is there some setting in IE for downloading files that I reset when I reset
the IE advanced settings?

Thanks peter

--
Peter 107641
Win7 Ultimate Edition
Std Server 2003
> Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2)
> as well as your IE version when posting in an IE-specific forum or
> newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply.
>
> 1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

> Explorer (No add-ons).
>
> Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer's (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7
> & IE8 in all OSS]

> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737
>
> 3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these
> applications running in the background when you installed IE8?
>
> 4. Has a(nother) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on this
> it)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> BoazBoaz wrote:
>> My iexplore gets stuck from time to time mostely when opening new tabs.
>> I'm on Windows XP.
>>
>> Help me.
>> Included the error:
>> ================================================== ==
>> Event Type: Error
>> Event Source: Application Hang
>> Event Category: (101)
>> Event ID: 1002
>> Date: 03/03/2010
>> Time: 11:36:20
>> User: N/A
>> Computer: PASTERNAK-PC
>> Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, hang module
>> hungapp, version 0.0.0.0, hang address 0x00000000.

Re: Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, hang mod
To avoid confusion, please begin a new thread about your specific problem
and computer. State your IE version and full Windows version (e.g., WinXP
SP3; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) in your first post.
Thank you.

PS: Also include the User Agent string that you included in this post; i.e.,
the red text displayed at the top of this page:
http://www.enhanceie.com/ua.aspx.

NB: Do NOT use a double-hyphen as a separator in your posts! If need be,
use "===" or similar (.e.g., "~~~").

"Peter Cox ~ 107641" <peter@simbatech.net> wrote in message
> [...]
>

> Message: 'vjo' is undefined
> Line: 23
> Char: 13
> Code: 0
> URI:
> http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...TRK:MEWNX:L F
>

> Message: 'vjo' is undefined
> Line: 33
> Char: 1
> Code: 0
> URI:
> http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...TRK:MEWNX:L F
>

> Message: 'vjo' is undefined
> Line: 43
> Char: 1
> Code: 0
> URI:
> http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...TRK:MEWNX:L F
>
> Much appreciate any help as I actually do prefer the IE experience to
> Chrome but cannot be bothered with the way it works anymore

<SNIP HIJACKED THREAD>

Peter Cox ~ 107641

Re: Hanging application iexplore.exe, version 8.0.6001.18702, hang mod
My specific problem was what is the subject of this thread. You fixed it
for me with your previous response to me for this thread, however your fix
created another issue in IE for me which I told you about in my response to
your previous response to me in this thread..

I have no idea what the User Agent string you are referring to is and I see
no red text displayed at the top of this page - I'm reading this in Outlook
Express.. Are you referring to a web page?, maybe that is the issue, since
I don't use a browser to access these newsgroups

--
Peter 107641
Win7 Ultimate Edition