Browsing Blocked

Lee

Browsing Blocked
It looks like some type of virus or something has block IE8 from browsing
sites. I have turned off all add-ons, clean cache etc and nothing works. It
is also pinned to my profile. If another user logs in it works fine. How can
I fix this problem?
Leonard Grey

Re: Browsing Blocked
You'll have to explain in more detail what "block IE8 from browsing" means.

Any idea what version of Windows you have, including the service pack
number?
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Lee wrote:
> It looks like some type of virus or something has block IE8 from browsing
> sites. I have turned off all add-ons, clean cache etc and nothing works. It
> is also pinned to my profile. If another user logs in it works fine. How can
> I fix this problem?

Re: Browsing Blocked
Remove the hijackware that's infected your User Account.

Lee wrote:
> It looks like some type of virus or something has block IE8 from browsing
> sites. I have turned off all add-ons, clean cache etc and nothing works.
> It
> is also pinned to my profile. If another user logs in it works fine. How
> can
> I fix this problem?

ken ketchum

Internet Explorer won't browse/connect to WEB all of a sudden!
1. On the Tools menu in Internet Explorer, click Internet Options, click the Connections tab, and then click LAN Settings.

2. On the automatic configuration area, make sure automatically detect settings box is checked;

3. Look at the Proxy Server: uncheck "use a proxy server for your LAN!

This might help, depending on what antivirus you've used that has decided to default a few things. A bug in certain antivirus webshield type protocols has a habit of doing this by default.

The easiest way to see if this is the case with IE is click tools, diagnose connections problems: go through the steps, then when done, click the link: "VIEW DIAGNOSTIC LOG"

It will say in the DNS client diagnostic;

DNS Client Diagnostic
DNS - Not a home user scenario

info Using Web Proxy: yes
No DNS servers

DNS failure

If you see this, more than likely you need to do the above steps I numbered to revert back to your default LAN settings.

When you pull up IE it's always going to first run a ping//proxy settings search... Even if you can't see this scrolling along the bottom(progress bar)

Lee wrote:

Browsing Blocked
02-Mar-10

It looks like some type of virus or something has block IE8 from browsing
sites. I have turned off all add-ons, clean cache etc and nothing works. It
is also pinned to my profile. If another user logs in it works fine. How can
I fix this problem?

Sending SMTP email from within BizTalk Orchestration
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...il-from-w.aspx
ken ketchum

Internet Explorer won't browse/connect to WEB all of a sudden!
sorry for the massive double space; it's my first time posting here,,,

ken ketchum wrote:

Internet Explorer won't browse/connect to WEB all of a sudden!
03-Mar-10

[...]

How to display a Gravatar Image with 100 Percent Client Script Code
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-gravatar.aspx

Re: Internet Explorer won't browse/connect to WEB all of a sudden!
Please begin a new thread about your specific problem & computer, and do so
via:
http://www.microsoft.com/communities....windowsupdate

ken ketchum wrote:
> sorry for the massive double space; it's my first time posting here,,,
>

> ken ketchum wrote:

<snip>
> How to display a Gravatar Image with 100 Percent Client Script Code
> http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-gravatar.aspx

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: Browsing Blocked

"Lee" <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It looks like some type of virus or something has block IE8 from browsing
> sites. I have turned off all add-ons, clean cache etc and nothing works.
> It
> is also pinned to my profile. If another user logs in it works fine. How
> can
> I fix this problem?

Start by giving us your symptoms and not your guesses about what may be
causing them. Remember, your words have to substitute for what our eyes
might notice.

---

Dan

Re: Internet Explorer won't browse/connect to WEB all of a sudden!
I think ken was trying to help the OP. But changing the subject and using
EggHeadCafe just makes it easier to screw things up ....

Dan