SOME THING TO FIX ON IE8 TO MAKE IT BETTER

DREW411

SOME THING TO FIX ON IE8 TO MAKE IT BETTER
ON THE PULL DOWN TAB FOR THE ADRESS BAR THE X TO REMOVE ADRESS NEEDS TO
BE MOVED TO THE OTHER SIDE. I KEEP ACCIDENTALLY CLICKING IT AND REMOVING
ADRESS BECAUSE OF WHERE IT IS. ITS TO CLOSE PULL DOWN TAB BUTTON

OTHER THEN THE I LIKE IT

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME
DREW411

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Tom Willett

Re: SOME THING TO FIX ON IE8 TO MAKE IT BETTER
Aren't you the clumsy one. Okay, let's get it changed just for you.

"DREW411" <DREW411@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
: ON THE PULL DOWN TAB FOR THE ADRESS BAR THE X TO REMOVE ADRESS NEEDS
: BE MOVED TO THE OTHER SIDE. I KEEP ACCIDENTALLY CLICKING IT AND REMOVING
: ADRESS BECAUSE OF WHERE IT IS. ITS TO CLOSE PULL DOWN TAB BUTTON
:
: OTHER THEN THE I LIKE IT
:
: THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME
: DREW411
:
: ----------------
: This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the
: suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I
: Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow
this
: link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then
: click "I Agree" in the message pane.
:
:

Rob

Tom Willett <tom@youreadaisyifyoudo.com> wrote:
> Aren't you the clumsy one. Okay, let's get it changed just for you.

I think it is a valid request. It happened to me too.
The X should be moved or removed, deleting could be done in a right-click
context menu.
bobster

Re: SOME THING TO FIX ON IE8 TO MAKE IT BETTER
Good idea.

Better yet, make the address bar length adjustable like in previous versions
of IE so that we users can make better use of all that white space.

"DREW411" <DREW411@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
ON THE PULL DOWN TAB FOR THE ADRESS BAR THE X TO REMOVE ADRESS NEEDS TO
BE MOVED TO THE OTHER SIDE. I KEEP ACCIDENTALLY CLICKING IT AND REMOVING
ADRESS BECAUSE OF WHERE IT IS. ITS TO CLOSE PULL DOWN TAB BUTTON

OTHER THEN THE I LIKE IT

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME
DREW411

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

rob^_^

Re: SOME THING TO FIX ON IE8 TO MAKE IT BETTER
Hi Bob,

It is.... hover the mouse over the gap between the Address bar Stop button
(if aligned to the right of) and you will see the E/W cursor appear. Press
the left mouse button and drag it to change the size of the Search Box and
Address edit box.

Regards.

"bobster" <fauxie@bogus.net> wrote in message
> Good idea.
>
> Better yet, make the address bar length adjustable like in previous
> versions
> of IE so that we users can make better use of all that white space.
>
> ================================================== =========================
> "DREW411" <DREW411@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ON THE PULL DOWN TAB FOR THE ADRESS BAR THE X TO REMOVE ADRESS NEEDS
> BE MOVED TO THE OTHER SIDE. I KEEP ACCIDENTALLY CLICKING IT AND REMOVING
> ADRESS BECAUSE OF WHERE IT IS. ITS TO CLOSE PULL DOWN TAB BUTTON
>
> OTHER THEN THE I LIKE IT
>
> THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME
> DREW411
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

bobster

Re: SOME THING TO FIX ON IE8 TO MAKE IT BETTER
Thanks. It works --- but it still doesn't get me what I really want.
While the white space of the address bar can be reduced, it seems to only
increase the amount of white space in the search bar -- nothing gained
actually. If I enable the "search from the address bar" function, I can't
find a way to get rid of the dedicated search bar on the right or how to use
that space for other functions such as additional "favorites".

I have for some time been using the Quero toolbar which allows me the
freedom to move the "stop", "back", "home" and "refresh" buttons to the top
right hand side of my desktop and to combine the address/search functions in
one bar but I'm still stuck with all of that miserable white space as that
combined bar is not adjustable when using Quero. Viktor Krammer of Quero
doesn't seem to have any solution to that problem.

Suggestions?

Hi Bob,

It is.... hover the mouse over the gap between the Address bar Stop button
(if aligned to the right of) and you will see the E/W cursor appear. Press
the left mouse button and drag it to change the size of the Search Box and
Address edit box.

Regards.

"bobster" <fauxie@bogus.net> wrote in message
> Good idea.
>
> Better yet, make the address bar length adjustable like in previous
> versions
> of IE so that we users can make better use of all that white space.
>
> ================================================== =========================
> "DREW411" <DREW411@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ON THE PULL DOWN TAB FOR THE ADRESS BAR THE X TO REMOVE ADRESS NEEDS
> BE MOVED TO THE OTHER SIDE. I KEEP ACCIDENTALLY CLICKING IT AND REMOVING
> ADRESS BECAUSE OF WHERE IT IS. ITS TO CLOSE PULL DOWN TAB BUTTON
>
> OTHER THEN THE I LIKE IT
>
> THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME
> DREW411
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

rob^_^

Re: SOME THING TO FIX ON IE8 TO MAKE IT BETTER
Hi,

http://www.mydigitallife.info/2009/0...ie8-search-box

is the registry hack to hide the search box, but you are left with an
Address box that occupies the entire line in the IE7/8. The Navigation bar
in ie7/8 is separate to the tabs and menu area's and cannot be dragged and
dropped to occupy the same line as your other Addon Toolbars. (they did this
to stop spoofing attacks that overlaid a fake address bar over IE's.) All of
your Addon toolbars occupy the same area (rectangle) as the IE7/8 Menu Bar.
You can also hack the Address bar's position to be above or below the line
occupied by the menu bar and Addon toolbars. That's about it though.

I usually have the Search Box hidden and just live with the Address bar
occupying the whole width of my wide screen monitor. IE looks more like
Chrome than IE6! Its no great deal, and actually I prefer that layout as I
can read the entire web address and make sure that I am not navigating to a
spoofed address.

You know....
xhttp://mozilla.freevirusdownload.com/suckers/come/to/my/fake/site/to/be/infected?gtk=dsakj-ei843-keroi-4539-i8el9

If you want to do a web search without the search box visible, you can just
type in your search terms in the Address bar and the smart Address bar in
IE8 will recognize that it is not a valid web address or Favorite or History
item and use the default search provider to launch a web search.

> Thanks. It works --- but it still doesn't get me what I really want.
> While the white space of the address bar can be reduced, it seems to only
> increase the amount of white space in the search bar -- nothing gained
> actually. If I enable the "search from the address bar" function, I can't
> find a way to get rid of the dedicated search bar on the right or how to
> use
> that space for other functions such as additional "favorites".
>
> I have for some time been using the Quero toolbar which allows me the
> freedom to move the "stop", "back", "home" and "refresh" buttons to the
> top
> right hand side of my desktop and to combine the address/search functions
> in
> one bar but I'm still stuck with all of that miserable white space as that
> combined bar is not adjustable when using Quero. Viktor Krammer of Quero
> doesn't seem to have any solution to that problem.
>
> Suggestions?

> "rob^_^" <iecustomizer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi Bob,
>
> It is.... hover the mouse over the gap between the Address bar Stop button
> (if aligned to the right of) and you will see the E/W cursor appear. Press
> the left mouse button and drag it to change the size of the Search Box and
> Address edit box.
>
> Regards.
>
> "bobster" <fauxie@bogus.net> wrote in message
>> Good idea.
>>
>> Better yet, make the address bar length adjustable like in previous
>> versions
>> of IE so that we users can make better use of all that white space.
>>
>> ================================================== =========================
>> "DREW411" <DREW411@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> ON THE PULL DOWN TAB FOR THE ADRESS BAR THE X TO REMOVE ADRESS NEEDS
>> BE MOVED TO THE OTHER SIDE. I KEEP ACCIDENTALLY CLICKING IT AND REMOVING
>> ADRESS BECAUSE OF WHERE IT IS. ITS TO CLOSE PULL DOWN TAB BUTTON
>>
>> OTHER THEN THE I LIKE IT
>>
>> THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME
>> DREW411
>>
>> ----------------
>> "I
>> this
>> then
>> click "I Agree" in the message pane.
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/communities...orer. general

shakey

Re: SOME THING TO FIX ON IE8 TO MAKE IT BETTER
How about setting it so it will not send out messages in ALL CAPS.

"DREW411" <DREW411@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ON THE PULL DOWN TAB FOR THE ADRESS BAR THE X TO REMOVE ADRESS NEEDS
> BE MOVED TO THE OTHER SIDE. I KEEP ACCIDENTALLY CLICKING IT AND REMOVING
> ADRESS BECAUSE OF WHERE IT IS. ITS TO CLOSE PULL DOWN TAB BUTTON
>
> OTHER THEN THE I LIKE IT
>
> THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME
> DREW411
>
> ----------------
> this
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Dan

Re: SOME THING TO FIX ON IE8 TO MAKE IT BETTER

"DREW411" <DREW411@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ON THE PULL DOWN TAB FOR THE ADRESS BAR THE X TO REMOVE ADRESS NEEDS
> BE MOVED TO THE OTHER SIDE. I KEEP ACCIDENTALLY CLICKING IT AND REMOVING
> ADRESS BECAUSE OF WHERE IT IS. ITS TO CLOSE PULL DOWN TAB BUTTON
>
> OTHER THEN THE I LIKE IT
>
> THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME
> DREW411

Stop moving your mouse to the left when you move it down ... or just move
your mouse further left!

--
Dan