IE8 64 Bit Version

neil154

IE8 64 Bit Version
I am using Win 7 64 bit and when I try to use IE8 64 bit version I always get
a message about installing Adobe Flash Player and when I answer yes to
install and download nothing appears to happen and then the next time I start
IE8 64 bit I get the same prompts. When I look in the add-ons (all-ad-ons)
adobe does not appear.

Please advise how I can eliminate the problem and also a long time ago I was
led to believe there was some sort of problem with the Adobe add on has it
been resolved.

Also, is there any reason I would be better off using the 32 bit version of
IE8?

Thanks for your help.
Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 64 Bit Version
Adobe has still not released a 64-bit version of Flash.

You should use the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

neil154 wrote:
> I am using Win 7 64 bit and when I try to use IE8 64 bit version I always get
> a message about installing Adobe Flash Player and when I answer yes to
> install and download nothing appears to happen and then the next time I start
> IE8 64 bit I get the same prompts. When I look in the add-ons (all-ad-ons)
> adobe does not appear.
>
> Please advise how I can eliminate the problem and also a long time ago I was
> led to believe there was some sort of problem with the Adobe add on has it
> been resolved.
>
> Also, is there any reason I would be better off using the 32 bit version of
> IE8?
>
> Thanks for your help.

Re: IE8 64 Bit Version
See
http://social.answers.microsoft.com/...6-a9416d65f981

neil154 wrote:
> I am using Win 7 64 bit and when I try to use IE8 64 bit version I always
> get a message about installing Adobe Flash Player and when I answer yes to
> install and download nothing appears to happen and then the next time I
> start IE8 64 bit I get the same prompts. When I look in the add-ons
> (all-ad-ons) adobe does not appear.
>
> Please advise how I can eliminate the problem and also a long time ago I
> was
> led to believe there was some sort of problem with the Adobe add on has it
> been resolved.
>
> Also, is there any reason I would be better off using the 32 bit version
> of
> IE8?
>
> Thanks for your help.

neil154

Re: IE8 64 Bit Version
Any rumor on when Adobe will release 64 bit version of flash?

"Leonard Grey" wrote:

> Adobe has still not released a 64-bit version of Flash.
>
> You should use the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer.
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> neil154 wrote:
> > I am using Win 7 64 bit and when I try to use IE8 64 bit version I always get
> > a message about installing Adobe Flash Player and when I answer yes to
> > install and download nothing appears to happen and then the next time I start
> > IE8 64 bit I get the same prompts. When I look in the add-ons (all-ad-ons)
> > adobe does not appear.
> >
> > Please advise how I can eliminate the problem and also a long time ago I was
> > led to believe there was some sort of problem with the Adobe add on has it
> > been resolved.
> >
> > Also, is there any reason I would be better off using the 32 bit version of
> > IE8?
> >
> > Thanks for your help.

> .

Re: IE8 64 Bit Version
Ask 'em here:

http://forums.adobe.com/community/we...s/flash_player

neil154 wrote:
> Any rumor on when Adobe will release 64 bit version of flash?
>
> "Leonard Grey" wrote:
>
>> Adobe has still not released a 64-bit version of Flash.
>>
>> You should use the 32-bit version of Internet Explorer.
>> ---
>> Leonard Grey
>> Errare humanum est
>>
>> neil154 wrote:
>>> I am using Win 7 64 bit and when I try to use IE8 64 bit version I
>>> always
>>> get a message about installing Adobe Flash Player and when I answer yes
>>> install and download nothing appears to happen and then the next time I
>>> start IE8 64 bit I get the same prompts. When I look in the add-ons
>>> (all-ad-ons) adobe does not appear.
>>>
>>> Please advise how I can eliminate the problem and also a long time ago I
>>> was led to believe there was some sort of problem with the Adobe add on
>>> has it been resolved.
>>>
>>> Also, is there any reason I would be better off using the 32 bit version
>>> of IE8?
>>>
>>> Thanks for your help.

>> .

Rob

Re: IE8 64 Bit Version
neil154 <neil154@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Any rumor on when Adobe will release 64 bit version of flash?

In the Linux environment, where 64 bit has been popular a bit longer
and where it is often more difficult to convince suppliers of binary
software to release new versions for new environments, a special plugin
has been developed as a layer between 64 bit browsers and 32 bit plugins.

So, it is no problem to use Flash in a 64 bit browser in Linux, even
though Adobe supplies only a 32 bit plugin.

Maybe something like that should be developed for IE as well?

Don't hold your breath waiting for Adobe. They have been announcing that
they work on a 64 bit Flash plugin two years ago. Either it is not easy,
or they consider it a low priority.