IE 8 - additional open windows problem

AB

IE 8 - additional open windows problem
Hi,
Problem (if it is a problem, well, for me it is a problem!) is that
when I'm on a page in IE 8 and click on something that opens in a
second window (like a news article), the second window is about 1/3
the size of the full window. I have to enlarge it to see the whole
article, video, or whatever. This gets a bit repetitive & tiresome,
not to mention annoying. I'd rather have the second window open to
full size but can't figure out if there's a setting to control it, and
if so, which one.

Any help appreciated!!

Cheers,
AB
Alan Edwards

Re: IE 8 - additional open windows problem
Sometimes the web author will determine the size so...
Is the second window always small?
If so, try stretching the small window to full size. (Do not use
Maximize)
Ensure that window is the last one closed and IE should remember the
size next time.

....Alan
--
Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows -Internet Explorer

On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 20:48:10 -0500, in
microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general, AB <ab@pipeline.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>Problem (if it is a problem, well, for me it is a problem!) is that
>when I'm on a page in IE 8 and click on something that opens in a
>second window (like a news article), the second window is about 1/3
>the size of the full window. I have to enlarge it to see the whole
>article, video, or whatever. This gets a bit repetitive & tiresome,
>not to mention annoying. I'd rather have the second window open to
>full size but can't figure out if there's a setting to control it, and
>if so, which one.
>
>Any help appreciated!!
>
>Cheers,
>AB

Re: IE 8 - additional open windows problem
Asked/Answered in IE (Answers) forum.

AB wrote:
> Hi,
> Problem (if it is a problem, well, for me it is a problem!) is that
> when I'm on a page in IE 8 and click on something that opens in a
> second window (like a news article), the second window is about 1/3
> the size of the full window. I have to enlarge it to see the whole
> article, video, or whatever. This gets a bit repetitive & tiresome,
> not to mention annoying. I'd rather have the second window open to
> full size but can't figure out if there's a setting to control it, and
> if so, which one.
>
> Any help appreciated!!
>
> Cheers,
> AB

AB

Re: IE 8 - additional open windows problem
On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 13:13:32 +1100, Alan Edwards
<edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote:

>Sometimes the web author will determine the size so...
>Is the second window always small?
>If so, try stretching the small window to full size. (Do not use
>Maximize)
>Ensure that window is the last one closed and IE should remember the
>size next time.
>
>...Alan

I think the web author is responsible. After checking a few sites I
see it's not this way on every sites; some give the full size window.
When I did get the reduced size and stretched it to full size, it
didn't hold; the next time I opened it it was again small.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Cheers,
AB
Alan Edwards

Re: IE 8 - additional open windows problem
This gets good reviews:

To always get a true maximized window...
IE New Window Maximizer http://www.jiisoft.com/iemaximizer/index.htm

....Alan
http://dts-l.com/index.htm

On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 17:35:02 -0500, in
microsoft.public.internetexplorer.general, AB <ab@pipeline.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 02 Mar 2010 13:13:32 +1100, Alan Edwards
><edwards@southcom.com.au> wrote:
>
>>Sometimes the web author will determine the size so...
>>Is the second window always small?
>>If so, try stretching the small window to full size. (Do not use
>>Maximize)
>>Ensure that window is the last one closed and IE should remember the
>>size next time.
>>
>>...Alan

>I think the web author is responsible. After checking a few sites I
>see it's not this way on every sites; some give the full size window.
>When I did get the reduced size and stretched it to full size, it
>didn't hold; the next time I opened it it was again small.
>
>Thanks for your suggestions.
>
>Cheers,
>AB

AB

Re: IE 8 - additional open windows problem
Will download and report back on how it works.

AB
On Wed, 03 Mar 2010 10:00:36 +1100, Alan Edwards