Hlry & PA Bear - Re: Can't download a free mp3

Bob

Hlry & PA Bear - Re: Can't download a free mp3
Why did it work now? Hlry wrote: "Right click on the link and use *Save
As*" It worked. I tried it before I posted the question and it just saved
a little shortcut. Did not save the whole file. After I read what Hlry
wrote, I tried it again, it worked. Hlry must have special powers over
computers. Thank you Hlry, you saved me!!

I reinstalled vista because when I installed IE8 through windows update my
computer boot up time increased over 300%. When I posted the problem here I
was instructed to reinstall vista and someone else gave me a list of steps
to successful IE8 install. I did both things and so far so good.
Thank you all for the help!!!
Bob

"Bob" <bobbREMOVE-CAPSus99@CAPSyaREMOVE-CAPShoo.com> wrote in message
>I reinstalled vista and Installed IE8 last weekend. Before I reinstalled
> vista I often went to Bloomberg to download the free podcasts. I would
> download it to my mp3 folder. Then double clicked it, which then opened
> Windows Media Player to listen to make sure I downloaded the correct mp3.
> Then closed WMP and moved the file to my mp3 player.
>
> http://www.bloomberg.com/tvradio/pod...kingstock.html
>
> After I reinstalled vista and successfully installed IE8, I go to
> Bloomberg
> to do my usual download ritual and it will not let me download the mp3.
> Clicking on the link as I always do, it just brings up WMP and plays it.
> Does not download it. I want to download it like before when I click on
> the
> link. I know Bloomberg did not change anything because they just repeated
> as they always do a couple days ago on the radio that this broadcast is
> available as a podcast. I assume podcast means putting it on my mp3
> player.
>
> I went to the settings or options for for both IE8 and WMP and could not
> find what to change to make it download mp3.
>
> How do I return my computer to the previous settings? When I click on a
> mp3
> it downloads first, then when I double click on the downloaded mp3 file it
> opens WMP to play it. What about other media files? When I click to
> download will they download? I prefer to download, then play.
>
> Background info: Desktop AMD 4400+ 64X2 4GB memory 320GB HD Acer
> (AM3100-U3201A) purchased new February 2008 -- 32-bit MS Vista Home
> Premium
> SP2 -- MS auto updates on. Comcast ISP 12mbps service W\ Motorola
> SURFboard
> SB5101 Cable Modem direct to computer. No other switches or routers or
> wireless or phone line or any other networking hardware hooked up to this
> computer.
>
> Thanks for the help.
>
> Bob

Re: Hlry & PA Bear - Re: Can't download a free mp3
Please see my last reply to your original thread.

Please post any/all further follow-up in replies to the original thread
without editing the subject. Thank you.

PS: Why you don't need your anti-virus to scan your email (or your newsgroup
posts)
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm
--
~PA Bear