Help with downloading Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP

josie

Help with downloading Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP
When I click on download a window pops up saying, "unable to display page".
What do I need to do. Also, what I think might be the problem is sometimes a
tool bar appears saying I am "running with add-ons disabled". I have two ways
to log on with no add-ons and without; however, in my manage add-ons
everything listed states it is enabled. Any suggestions, please. Thank you!

Re: Help with downloading Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP
We shall assume your thread should be entitled "Help with downloading
*using* Internet Explorer 8 in Windows XP."

Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; WinXP 64-bit SP2)
when posting to a newgroup or forum. Please do so in your next reply.

1. Does the behavior persist if you start IE in No Add-ons mode?

Explorer (No add-ons).

Troubleshooting and Internet Explorer’s (No Add-ons) Mode [Applies to IE7 &
IE8 in all OSS]

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/923737

3. What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your

it)?

josie wrote:
> When I click on download a window pops up saying, "unable to display
> page".
> What do I need to do. Also, what I think might be the problem is sometimes
> tool bar appears saying I am "running with add-ons disabled". I have two
> ways to log on with no add-ons and without; however, in my manage add-ons
> everything listed states it is enabled. Any suggestions, please. Thank
> you!

Jeff Strickland

Re: Help with downloading Internet Explorer 8 for Windows XP
When you do the Windows Updates for XP, you get IE8 with Service Pack 3.