KB976002 how to de-activate this unwanted update?

six-h

KB976002 how to de-activate this unwanted update?
I'm steaming bl**dy mad.
I tried every way possible to avoid having this piece of Euro dog mess on my
PC (Vista Ultimate) but lo and behold the blessed thing has appeared at the
next boot.
I've tried taking ownership of the file but apparently I need God's
permission to do that...or anything else it seems!
Out of pique, I shift deleted the desktop icon, which gave me some
satisfaction, but HOW do I disable the blasted thing so that I don't see or
hear from it again??
As you might percieve, I'm just a little rattled by the high handed way this
has been foisted upon me despite my best efforts to avoid it.
Please someone help reduce my blood pressure!
six-h

RE: KB976002 how to de-activate this unwanted update?
Just a little update: Having found the secret of revealing the more
meaningful labels in the "startup" tab of "System Config" (hovering over the
"command" column entry), I have identified and disabled the damned "Browser
Choice" item.
After re-booting it seems to have been banished to digital hell where I hope
it meets the EEC busybodies!

"six-h" wrote:

> I'm steaming bl**dy mad.
> I tried every way possible to avoid having this piece of Euro dog mess on my
> PC (Vista Ultimate) but lo and behold the blessed thing has appeared at the
> next boot.
> I've tried taking ownership of the file but apparently I need God's
> permission to do that...or anything else it seems!
> Out of pique, I shift deleted the desktop icon, which gave me some
> satisfaction, but HOW do I disable the blasted thing so that I don't see or
> hear from it again??
> As you might percieve, I'm just a little rattled by the high handed way this
> has been foisted upon me despite my best efforts to avoid it.
> Please someone help reduce my blood pressure!

Re: KB976002 how to de-activate this unwanted update?
[Crosspost to WU newsgroup so they can join the fun!]

Bitch to your MP or EU representatives, not us.

Windows 7 and Browser Choice in Europe (31 July-09)
http://microsoftontheissues.com/cs/b...in-europe.aspx

EU ends Microsoft antitrust probe; Accepts browser choice (16 Dec-09)
http://blogs.zdnet.com/BTL/?p=28590

The Browser Choice Screen for Europe: What to Expect, When to Expect It (19
Feb-10)
http://microsoftontheissues.com/cs/b...expect-it.aspx