No IE 8 specific download for Windows 7

vk

No IE 8 specific download for Windows 7
Had to uninstall Windows 8 to get rid of some unwanted toolbars. There is NO
specific download option for IE8 for Windows 7.

My PC did not come with a CD. Microsoft tech support can't help me. What a
crock.

Google seems to be the future, not Microsoft.
Leonard Grey

Re: No IE 8 specific download for Windows 7
Does "Windows 8" mean "Internet Explorer 8"? There is no Windows 8.

Internet Explorer 8 is part of the Windows operating system. It can't be
removed; you can only hide its interface.

You can't re-install Internet Explorer 8 on Windows 7 because it's
already there.

What specific "unwanted toolbars" do you want to remove?
* If they're native IE 8 toolbars, and they're removable, we can show
you how to remove them.
* If they were placed there by third-party software that you installed,
contact the third-party software's technical support.
* If they were placed there by malware, good luck; you've got lots of
work to do.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

vk wrote:
> Had to uninstall Windows 8 to get rid of some unwanted toolbars. There is NO
> specific download option for IE8 for Windows 7.
>
> My PC did not come with a CD. Microsoft tech support can't help me. What a
> crock.
>
> Google seems to be the future, not Microsoft.

VanguardLH

vk wrote:

> Had to uninstall Windows 8 to get rid of some unwanted toolbars. There is NO
> specific download option for IE8 for Windows 7.
>
> My PC did not come with a CD. Microsoft tech support can't help me. What a
> crock.
>
> Google seems to be the future, not Microsoft.

You cannot uninstall the baseline version of IE from Windows 7. IE8 comes
with Windows 7. All you can do is hide IE8, not uninstall it. Since IE8
comes with the OS, you cannot get a download for it (as any download will
simply report that you already have IE8).

Getting rid of unwanted toolbars does not require uninstalling the web
browser.

So why didn't your computer come with the installation media for Windows 7?
Did your OEM (which you never bothered to identify) put a restore image in a
hidden partition on the hard disk? If you don't have either of those, you
never got a legitimate copy of Windows 7. All you got was hardware that
included a polluted hard disk. Maybe why Microsoft can't help you is that
you have a pirated or OEM version of Windows. Yeah, they'll help with
pirated versions by offering to sell you a legitimate version. For OEM
versions, well, you never did pay Microsoft for any support so you have to
the OEM version then *you* are the OEM that provides support.

Your story is full of holes. You are doing something invalid or
illegitimate that you hope we won't see. You obviously didn't want help
here, either, since you never asked on how to resolve the real problem.

Re: No IE 8 specific download for Windows 7
You did not uninstall IE8, you disabled access to it. You can re-enable IE8
the same way you disabled access, via
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...ures-on-or-off