IE8 Favorites backup

John

IE8 Favorites backup
How do I export Favorites to CD-RW? Running Windows XP SP3 I can export to
floppy but I want to buy a new computer and it does not have floppy drive
--
John
Bruce Hagen

Re: IE8 Favorites backup
Export them to the Desktop and then select that file to copy to CD.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

> How do I export Favorites to CD-RW? Running Windows XP SP3 I can export
> floppy but I want to buy a new computer and it does not have floppy
> drive
> --
> John

Re: IE8 Favorites backup
See http://support.microsoft.com/kb/211089 and/or
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ernet-Explorer.

Also see
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/w...-easy-transfer

John wrote:
> How do I export Favorites to CD-RW? Running Windows XP SP3 I can export to
> floppy but I want to buy a new computer and it does not have floppy drive

Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 Favorites backup
File > Import and Export. Then, burn the resulting .html file to a CD.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

John wrote:
> How do I export Favorites to CD-RW? Running Windows XP SP3 I can export to
> floppy but I want to buy a new computer and it does not have floppy drive

John

Re: IE8 Favorites backup
Bruce,
Thanks this method worked, I will print your answer for future reference
--
John

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

> Export them to the Desktop and then select that file to copy to CD.
> --
> Bruce Hagen
> MS-MVP [Mail]
> Imperial Beach, CA
>

> "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I export Favorites to CD-RW? Running Windows XP SP3 I can export
> > floppy but I want to buy a new computer and it does not have floppy
> > drive
> > --
> > John

> .

Bruce Hagen

Re: IE8 Favorites backup
You're welcome.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

> Bruce,
> Thanks this method worked, I will print your answer for future reference
> --
> John
>

> "Bruce Hagen" wrote:
>
>> Export them to the Desktop and then select that file to copy to CD.
>> --
>> Bruce Hagen
>> MS-MVP [Mail]
>> Imperial Beach, CA
>>

>> "John" <John@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How do I export Favorites to CD-RW? Running Windows XP SP3 I can
>> > export
>> > floppy but I want to buy a new computer and it does not have floppy
>> > drive
>> > --
>> > John

>> .

VanguardLH

Re: IE8 Favorites backup
John wrote:

> How do I export Favorites to CD-RW? Running Windows XP SP3 I can export to
> floppy but I want to buy a new computer and it does not have floppy drive

Exporting from IE generates an XML file (in a bookmarks.htm file). You
could just copy your Favorites folder like you can copy any other folder.
In fact, it probably is included in your backups. If you don't backup, you
deem your data as worthless or reproducible.