IE8 is blocked with big report

yudrv

IE8 is blocked with big report
We use MS SQL Reportiing services. After IE8 installation big reports from
Reporting services block IE8. The same reports work normally with IE6.
Compatibility view setting doesn't make any approvements. With IE8 on big
report iexplore process takes approximately 300 MB and 100% CPU load. With
Opera and FireFox on the same report corresponding process takes 700 Mb, but
20-30% CPU after full data loading, and is responsible on user action.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

yudrv

RE: IE8 is blocked with big report
additianl info:
OS Windows XP Service Pack 3
IE8 Version 8.0.6001.18702
Tests were with turned on and turned off antivirus, so there are no
antivirus influence
All addonse in IE8 are disabled
Processor x86 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 6 GenuineIntel ~2400 Mhz
Total Physical Memory 2 049,00 MB

Reports are generated by MS SQL 2005 Reporting services
Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - 9.00.4273.00 (Intel X86) Dec 3 2009 10:31:35
Copyright (c) 1988-2005 Microsoft Corporation Developer Edition on Windows
NT 5.2 (Build 3790: Service Pack 2)
with cumulative update 7 (SQLServer2005-KB976951-x86-ENU.exe)

"yudrv" wrote:

> We use MS SQL Reportiing services. After IE8 installation big reports from
> Reporting services block IE8. The same reports work normally with IE6.
> Compatibility view setting doesn't make any approvements. With IE8 on big
> report iexplore process takes approximately 300 MB and 100% CPU load. With
> Opera and FireFox on the same report corresponding process takes 700 Mb, but
> 20-30% CPU after full data loading, and is responsible on user action.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

yudrv

RE: IE8 is blocked with big report
The situatin is resolved, bur results are unsatisfactory... After some
unsucessful trials to unfreeze IE8 during about 20 minutes after big report
trial, and - miracle! - IE8 became responsible, and its content - big report
- is scrallable. But one hour!!! It's normal behaviour?!

"yudrv" wrote:

> We use MS SQL Reportiing services. After IE8 installation big reports from
> Reporting services block IE8. The same reports work normally with IE6.
> Compatibility view setting doesn't make any approvements. With IE8 on big
> report iexplore process takes approximately 300 MB and 100% CPU load. With
> Opera and FireFox on the same report corresponding process takes 700 Mb, but
> 20-30% CPU after full data loading, and is responsible on user action.
>
> ----------------
> click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Robert Aldwinckle

"yudrv" <yudrv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The situatin is resolved, bur results are unsatisfactory... After some
> unsucessful trials to unfreeze IE8 during about 20 minutes after big
> report loading start I passed over the process on one hour. In one houre
> I make next trial, and - miracle! - IE8 became responsible, and its
> content - big report - is scrallable. But one hour!!! It's normal
> behaviour?!

Is it using a script to do this? In IE8 there are various script debugging
tools you can use to try to refine your symptom description in cases like
this. Also, ironically, I find that often changing the priority of the
iexplore.exe task to Below Normal often helps. It may not get whatever IE
is doing done any quicker but at least it frees up your system so you can do
other things with it.

HTH

Robert Aldwinckle
---