IE Tabbed Browsing

Robert A Burke

IE Tabbed Browsing
I would like IE 8 Tabbed Browsing to work just like it did in IE 7. Settings
are pretty straightforward they just don't function correctly. I would
guestimate 40% open in the same window. I am back to the old and redundant
right click open in new tab. Wow haven't done that in years. Would like to
see better speed seems slower a lot slower than IE 7. Have looked at load
speeds and they are in the milli seconds. I am talking about hanging for
minutes and never getting there at all. Plus this download came as a window
update disguised. True it was an option but nothing said it was just an IE 8.
Wasn't even mentioned or i would not have installed the option. Once i get a
browser to do what i want when i want that's all i need. Now i am back at
squre 5 at least not 1.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Jeff Strickland

Re: IE Tabbed Browsing

"Robert A Burke" <Robert A Burke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would like IE 8 Tabbed Browsing to work just like it did in IE 7.
>Settings
> are pretty straightforward they just don't function correctly. I would
> guestimate 40% open in the same window. I am back to the old and redundant
> right click open in new tab. Wow haven't done that in years. Would like to
> see better speed seems slower a lot slower than IE 7. Have looked at load
> speeds and they are in the milli seconds. I am talking about hanging for
> minutes and never getting there at all. Plus this download came as a
> window
> update disguised. True it was an option but nothing said it was just an IE
> 8.
> Wasn't even mentioned or i would not have installed the option. Once i
> get a
> browser to do what i want when i want that's all i need. Now i am back at
> squre 5 at least not 1.

The vast majority of new pages open in a new tab, the few that don't have
code in them that tells them to open in a new Window. Links open in new tabs
unless the link is coded to open in a new Window. This is the work of the
coder, not IE8.

I jumped from IE6 to IE8, and with 4G of RAM, I find that IE8 is way fast.

Robert Aldwinckle

Re: IE Tabbed Browsing
"Robert A Burke" <Robert A Burke@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I would like IE 8 Tabbed Browsing to work just like it did in IE 7.
> Settings
> are pretty straightforward they just don't function correctly. I would
> guestimate 40% open in the same window. I am back to the old and redundant
> right click open in new tab. Wow haven't done that in years.

Then learn some of the shortcuts. E.g. press Ctrl- or Ctrl-Shift- when
you click on a link if you don't want it to open in the same tab and if the
site you are using doesn't assist you that way.

---

undisclosed

Re: IE Tabbed Browsing

One thing that really slows down tabbed browsing is if you are running a
lot of add-ons. First I would disable as many add-ons as you can. I tend
to run with all of them disabled, but it's personal preference. Next you
CAN make it so all your link clicks open in a new tab by going under
Tools>Internet Options>Tabs Settings, and playing with the settings in
there to your preference.
Seriously, stick with IE8, it is safer, faster and compatible with more
sites than previous versions.
-Kyler
IE8 Outreach Team

--
Kyler_IE8_Team

Re: IE Tabbed Browsing
[You get paid for posting that drivel? Geeze...]

undisclosed wrote:
> One thing that really slows down tabbed browsing is if you are running a
> lot of add-ons. First I would disable as many add-ons as you can. I tend
> to run with all of them disabled, but it's personal preference. Next you
> CAN make it so all your link clicks open in a new tab by going under
> Tools>Internet Options>Tabs Settings, and playing with the settings in
> there to your preference.
> Seriously, stick with IE8, it is safer, faster and compatible with more
> sites than previous versions.
> -Kyler
> IE8 Outreach Team

Donald Anadell

Re: IE Tabbed Browsing

> [You get paid for posting that drivel? Geeze...]

How do we apply for the job, I think my drivel is top notch

> undisclosed wrote:
>> One thing that really slows down tabbed browsing is if you are running a
>> lot of add-ons. First I would disable as many add-ons as you can. I tend
>> to run with all of them disabled, but it's personal preference. Next you
>> CAN make it so all your link clicks open in a new tab by going under
>> Tools>Internet Options>Tabs Settings, and playing with the settings in
>> there to your preference.
>> Seriously, stick with IE8, it is safer, faster and compatible with more
>> sites than previous versions.
>> -Kyler
>> IE8 Outreach Team

Leonard Grey

Re: IE Tabbed Browsing
Not to boast...however, my drivel has garnered two Unadulterated Cr@p
Awards...
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Donald Anadell wrote:

>> [You get paid for posting that drivel? Geeze...]

> How do we apply for the job, I think my drivel is top notch
>
>> undisclosed wrote:
>>> One thing that really slows down tabbed browsing is if you are running a
>>> lot of add-ons. First I would disable as many add-ons as you can. I tend
>>> to run with all of them disabled, but it's personal preference. Next you
>>> CAN make it so all your link clicks open in a new tab by going under
>>> Tools>Internet Options>Tabs Settings, and playing with the settings in
>>> there to your preference.
>>> Seriously, stick with IE8, it is safer, faster and compatible with more
>>> sites than previous versions.
>>> -Kyler
>>> IE8 Outreach Team

Donald Anadell

Re: IE Tabbed Browsing

> Not to boast...however, my drivel has garnered two Unadulterated Cr@p
> Awards...

Congratulations Leonard, your award winning drivel far outshines mine then

Donald Anadell

> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> Donald Anadell wrote:
>>
>>> [You get paid for posting that drivel? Geeze...]

>> How do we apply for the job, I think my drivel is top notch

Jeff Strickland

Re: IE Tabbed Browsing

"Donald Anadell" <danadell@nospamersmikrotec.com> wrote in message

>> Not to boast...however, my drivel has garnered two Unadulterated Cr@p
>> Awards...

> Congratulations Leonard, your award winning drivel far outshines mine
> then
>
> Donald Anadell

I can drivel. Who's hiring?

Re: IE Tabbed Browsing