Not downloading newsgroup messages in WLM

sheana

Not downloading newsgroup messages in WLM
Hi,

I set up my newsgroup reader in WLM with the email address
sheana@microsoft.com. One of the moderators pointed out that if a real
"Sheana" worked at Microsft, she might get replies to my questions and not be
happy about it. So I changed to sheana@nospam.invalid. I subscribed and
posted to internetexplorer.general, but the question is not downloading into
WLM. In fact, no more news messages have downloaded since I first opened it
up about 2 hours ago. Is there a way to reset and re-download the messages in
WLM like you could in OE? Or am I dealing with a problem due to the email
address I'm using. P.S. I found the posting on the web interface. Thanks in
advance.
Gordon

Re: Not downloading newsgroup messages in WLM

"sheana" <sheana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I set up my newsgroup reader in WLM with the email address
> sheana@microsoft.com. One of the moderators pointed out that if a real
> "Sheana" worked at Microsft, she might get replies to my questions and not
> be
> happy about it. So I changed to sheana@nospam.invalid. I subscribed and
> posted to internetexplorer.general, but the question is not downloading
> into
> WLM. In fact, no more news messages have downloaded since I first opened
> it
> up about 2 hours ago. Is there a way to reset and re-download the messages
> in
> WLM like you could in OE? Or am I dealing with a problem due to the email
> address I'm using. P.S. I found the posting on the web interface. Thanks
> in
> advance.

Your post and a reply showed up here in WLM.
Have you set the Synchronisation setting on the newsgroup?
(Right-click the newsgroup and select Synchronisation settings) then click
Sync on the toolbar...

Bruce Hagen

Re: Not downloading newsgroup messages in WLM
And this has what to do with Internet Explorer?

I don't see wrong with your munged address. Tools | Options | Read.
Uncheck: Get XX Headers at a time. Then, right click on the newsgroup in
the folder tree | Properties | Local File | Reset.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"sheana" <sheana@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I set up my newsgroup reader in WLM with the email address
> sheana@microsoft.com. One of the moderators pointed out that if a real
> "Sheana" worked at Microsft, she might get replies to my questions and
> not be
> happy about it. So I changed to sheana@nospam.invalid. I subscribed and
> posted to internetexplorer.general, but the question is not downloading
> into
> WLM. In fact, no more news messages have downloaded since I first opened
> it
> up about 2 hours ago. Is there a way to reset and re-download the
> messages in
> WLM like you could in OE? Or am I dealing with a problem due to the
> email
> address I'm using. P.S. I found the posting on the web interface. Thanks
> in
> advance.

VanguardLH

sheana wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I set up my newsgroup reader in WLM with the email address
> sheana@microsoft.com. One of the moderators pointed out that if a real
> "Sheana" worked at Microsft, she might get replies to my questions and not be
> happy about it. So I changed to sheana@nospam.invalid. I subscribed and
> posted to internetexplorer.general, but the question is not downloading into
> WLM. In fact, no more news messages have downloaded since I first opened it
> up about 2 hours ago. Is there a way to reset and re-download the messages in
> WLM like you could in OE? Or am I dealing with a problem due to the email
> address I'm using. P.S. I found the posting on the web interface. Thanks in
> advance.

Not an issue with Internet Explorer, the topic of this newsgroup.

The newsgroup for WLM is thatta way ------->

microsoft.public.windows.live.mail.desktop

Re: Not downloading newsgroup messages in WLM
You will find support for Windows Live Mail in this public newsgroup in this
newsgroup:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities...mail .desktop

Via your newsreader (i.e., Windows Live Mail):
--
~PA Bear