IE8 pop up screen problem

joe

IE8 pop up screen problem
winxp pro sp3 and all updates

Sorry guys I am new to IE8 and haven't got to grips with it yet.

IE8 launches by itself and says 'cannot display the webpage' - ''diagnose
connection problems' which says all is ok.

In the navigation area it says 'javascript:click Refresh ()

Why is this happenng and how to stop?

Any help please.

Leonard Grey

Re: IE8 pop up screen problem
"Tips For Solving Problems with Internet Explorer"
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ernet-Explorer
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

joe wrote:
> winxp pro sp3 and all updates
>
> Sorry guys I am new to IE8 and haven't got to grips with it yet.
>
> IE8 launches by itself and says 'cannot display the webpage' - ''diagnose
> connection problems' which says all is ok.
>
> In the navigation area it says 'javascript:click Refresh ()
>
> Why is this happenng and how to stop?
>
> Any help please.

joe

Re: IE8 pop up screen problem
Thanks Leonard but that is only icw internet connections in general.

> "Tips For Solving Problems with Internet Explorer"
> http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ernet-Explorer
> ---
> Leonard Grey
> Errare humanum est
>
> joe wrote:
>> winxp pro sp3 and all updates
>>
>> Sorry guys I am new to IE8 and haven't got to grips with it yet.
>>
>> IE8 launches by itself and says 'cannot display the webpage' -
>> ''diagnose connection problems' which says all is ok.
>>
>> In the navigation area it says 'javascript:click Refresh ()
>>
>> Why is this happenng and how to stop?
>>
>> Any help please.

Re: IE8 pop up screen problem
> IE8 launches by itself...

And when does this happen?

it)?

joe wrote:
> winxp pro sp3 and all updates
>
> Sorry guys I am new to IE8 and haven't got to grips with it yet.
>
> IE8 launches by itself and says 'cannot display the webpage' -
> ''diagnose
> connection problems' which says all is ok.
>
> In the navigation area it says 'javascript:click Refresh ()
>
> Why is this happenng and how to stop?
>
> Any help please.

joe

Re: IE8 pop up screen problem
As I said in the beginning I am new to IE8 and whilst going through all the
options I came across ' manage add ons ' which I have never seen before.
Whether they are installed with the program or downloaded automatically
later I don't know,but I found 2 add ons from Sun Microsystems (I certainly
didn't install them ) Disabling them both stopped the annoying launching of
IE8.

Thanks Leonard and Pa Bear.

>> IE8 launches by itself...

> And when does this happen?

> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these
> applications running in the background when you installed IE8?

> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
> bought it)?
> --
> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>

> joe wrote:
>> winxp pro sp3 and all updates
>>
>> Sorry guys I am new to IE8 and haven't got to grips with it yet.
>>
>> IE8 launches by itself and says 'cannot display the webpage' -
>> ''diagnose
>> connection problems' which says all is ok.
>>
>> In the navigation area it says 'javascript:click Refresh ()
>>
>> Why is this happenng and how to stop?
>>
>> Any help please.

Re: IE8 pop up screen problem
See http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=43515

joe wrote:
> As I said in the beginning I am new to IE8 and whilst going through all
> the
> options I came across ' manage add ons ' which I have never seen before.
> Whether they are installed with the program or downloaded automatically
> later I don't know,but I found 2 add ons from Sun Microsystems (I
> certainly
> didn't install them ) Disabling them both stopped the annoying launching
> of
> IE8.
>
> Thanks Leonard and Pa Bear.

>>> IE8 launches by itself...

>> And when does this happen?

>> applications running in the background when you installed IE8?

>> bought it)?
>> --
>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)
>>

>> joe wrote:
>>> winxp pro sp3 and all updates
>>>
>>> Sorry guys I am new to IE8 and haven't got to grips with it yet.
>>>
>>> IE8 launches by itself and says 'cannot display the webpage' -
>>> ''diagnose
>>> connection problems' which says all is ok.
>>>
>>> In the navigation area it says 'javascript:click Refresh ()
>>>
>>> Why is this happenng and how to stop?
>>>
>>> Any help please.

joe

Re: IE8 pop up screen problem
Thanks for that link. Haven't carried out the update yet.

Is it connected in any way with my problem or just coincidental?

Would I enable the java add ons in IE8 that seemed to cause my problem ?

They are Plug-in 2 ssv-helper and JQSIEStartDetectorlmpl Class.

Appreciate your guidance.

> See http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=43515
>
> joe wrote:
>> As I said in the beginning I am new to IE8 and whilst going through all
>> the
>> options I came across ' manage add ons ' which I have never seen before.
>> Whether they are installed with the program or downloaded automatically
>> later I don't know,but I found 2 add ons from Sun Microsystems (I
>> certainly
>> didn't install them ) Disabling them both stopped the annoying launching
>> of
>> IE8.
>>
>> Thanks Leonard and Pa Bear.

>>> And when does this happen?
>>>
>>> What anti-virus application or security suite is installed and is your
>>> subscription current? What anti-spyware applications (other than
>>> Defender)? What third-party firewall (if any)? Were any of these
>>> applications running in the background when you installed IE8?
>>>
>>> Has a(another) Norton or McAfee application ever been installed on the
>>> computer (e.g., a free-trial version that came preinstalled when you
>>> bought it)?
>>> --
>>> ~Robear Dyer (PA Bear)

Re: IE8 pop up screen problem
Follow all of the instructions in
http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=43515. If you then find that either
of those Add-ons is horking IE, disable it/them.

joe wrote:
> Thanks for that link. Haven't carried out the update yet.
>
> Is it connected in any way with my problem or just coincidental?
>
> Would I enable the java add ons in IE8 that seemed to cause my problem ?
>
> They are Plug-in 2 ssv-helper and JQSIEStartDetectorlmpl Class.
>
> Appreciate your guidance.
>
>> See http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=43515
>>
>> joe wrote:
>>> As I said in the beginning I am new to IE8 and whilst going through all
>>> the
>>> options I came across ' manage add ons ' which I have never seen before.
>>> Whether they are installed with the program or downloaded automatically
>>> later I don't know,but I found 2 add ons from Sun Microsystems (I
>>> certainly
>>> didn't install them ) Disabling them both stopped the annoying launching
>>> of
>>> IE8.
>>>
>>> Thanks Leonard and Pa Bear.

joe

Re: IE8 pop up screen problem
Wanted to let you know, downloaded update, enabled add ons, no problems.
Thank you

> Follow all of the instructions in
> http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=43515. If you then find that either
> of those Add-ons is horking IE, disable it/them.
>
> joe wrote:
>> Thanks for that link. Haven't carried out the update yet.
>>
>> Is it connected in any way with my problem or just coincidental?
>>
>> Would I enable the java add ons in IE8 that seemed to cause my problem ?
>>
>> They are Plug-in 2 ssv-helper and JQSIEStartDetectorlmpl Class.
>>
>> Appreciate your guidance.
>>
>>> See http://aumha.net/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=43515

Re: IE8 pop up screen problem
YW & thanks for your follow-up.

Tip - You may wanna check out the four other "stickies" (i.e., security
updates for Adobe Reader, Flash, Shockwave & Download Manager) at the top of
the same forum: http://aumha.net/viewforum.php?f=26