Uninstall of IE 7

Don

Uninstall of IE 7
I am having a problem opening Outlook Express 6.0; it takes over a minute
each time I open this program for it to fully open. I was considering going
to Add/Remove programs and removing IE 7.0 and then going to Microsoft
website and installing IE 7.0 again. Would that get me a clean copy of
Outlook Express 6.0? Or, do you have another suggestion? I have looked at the
Task Manager and CPU usage during this lengthy opening of Outlook Express and
CPU usage does not appear to be the problem.
--
Don
Leonard Grey

Re: Uninstall of IE 7
Internet Explorer 7 does not include Outlook Express, but you can be
forgiven for thinking that it does, since OE 6 arrived with IE 6.

Outlook Express is a legacy product and no longer being developed.

You may find that Outlook Express opens faster if you clean out your
Inbox and compact your folders. Outlook Express was not designed to
store large amounts of mail.
---
Leonard Grey
Errare humanum est

Don wrote:
> I am having a problem opening Outlook Express 6.0; it takes over a minute
> each time I open this program for it to fully open. I was considering going
> to Add/Remove programs and removing IE 7.0 and then going to Microsoft
> website and installing IE 7.0 again. Would that get me a clean copy of
> Outlook Express 6.0? Or, do you have another suggestion? I have looked at the
> Task Manager and CPU usage during this lengthy opening of Outlook Express and
> CPU usage does not appear to be the problem.

Re: Uninstall of IE 7
[Crosspost to OE General newsgroup]

Uninstalling/reinstalling IE7 won't do squat for your OE problem.

Are you running WinXP SP2 or SP3?

What third-party firewall (if any)?

it)?

Do you adhere to *all* of the following OE user caveats?...

- Don't use Inbox or Sent Items to archive messages. Move them to local
folders created for this purpose.

- Empty Deleted Items folder daily.

- Frequently perform a manual compact of all OE folders while "working
offline". More at http://www.insideoe.com/files/maintain.htm

- Do not cancel Automatic Compacting, should it occur, and do not attempt to
close OE via Task Manager or shutdown your machine if Automatic Compacting
is taking place.

- Disable email scanning by your anti-virus application. It can cause
corruption (i.e., loss of messages) and provides no additional protection.

• Why you don't need your anti-virus to scan your email
http://thundercloud.net/infoave/tuto...ning/index.htm

--
OE-specific newsgroup: