IE8 - group policy

Tony WONG

IE8 - group policy
i am looking for the following setting in group policy, but not found

tool - option - advance
1. warn if cert mismatch
2. warn when switch between secure and non secure mode

Can it be set in group policy or other way? Thanks a lot.

tony

Re: IE8 - group policy
Reference:

Group Policy Settings Reference for Windows Internet Explorer 8:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...d-24b2790bf592

Tony WONG wrote:
> i am looking for the following setting in group policy, but not found
>
> tool - option - advance
> 1. warn if cert mismatch
> 2. warn when switch between secure and non secure mode
>
> Can it be set in group policy or other way? Thanks a lot.
>
> tony

Tony WONG

Re: IE8 - group policy
Thanks a lot for the Excel.

i found this setting in Group policy

However, when i set it Enabled, it is "Enabled"
if i set Disabled, it return to "Not Configured"

How can i set it to "Disabled"? or it is not allowed to set to Disabled.

Thanks a lot.

*************************
Turn on Warn about Certificate Address Mismatch
Machine / User
Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Internet Control Panel\Security Page

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com>
???????:OMmAmaitKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
> Reference:
>
> Group Policy Settings Reference for Windows Internet Explorer 8:
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...d-24b2790bf592
>

> Tony WONG wrote:
>> i am looking for the following setting in group policy, but not found
>>
>> tool - option - advance
>> 1. warn if cert mismatch
>> 2. warn when switch between secure and non secure mode
>>
>> Can it be set in group policy or other way? Thanks a lot.
>>
>> tony

Re: IE8 - group policy
Not Configured = Turned off = disabled

Tony WONG wrote:
> Thanks a lot for the Excel.
>
> i found this setting in Group policy
>
> However, when i set it Enabled, it is "Enabled"
> if i set Disabled, it return to "Not Configured"
>
> How can i set it to "Disabled"? or it is not allowed to set to Disabled.
>
> Thanks a lot.
>
> *************************
> Turn on Warn about Certificate Address Mismatch
> Machine / User
> Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Internet Control Panel\Security Page
>

> "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com>
> ???????:OMmAmaitKHA.5036@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl...
>> Reference:
>>
>> Group Policy Settings Reference for Windows Internet Explorer 8:
>> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...d-24b2790bf592
>>

>> Tony WONG wrote:
>>> i am looking for the following setting in group policy, but not found
>>>
>>> tool - option - advance
>>> 1. warn if cert mismatch
>>> 2. warn when switch between secure and non secure mode
>>>
>>> Can it be set in group policy or other way? Thanks a lot.
>>>
>>> tony

Tony WONG

Re: IE8 - group policy
Thanks.

Both Machine / User setting of "Turn on Warn about Certificate Address
Mismatch"
in Windows Components\Internet Explorer\Internet Control Panel\Security Page
are "Not Configured"

When i go to OWA, a warning page of cert mismatch come out.

The box in IE8/tools/option/advance/warn if mismatch cert is "ticked"

When the box is set to "unticked", no warning message come out.

i can go to OWA without warning page.

is there something wrong? i am sure the policy has been applied to that
workstation /user by gpresult.

Thanks.

"PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com>
???????:%23BRnJFrtKHA.928@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...